Quick bandsaw Job stool

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

nuhobby
Platinum Member

Quick bandsaw Job stool

Post by nuhobby »

This was a real quick project that was requested by my wife. Something to sit on while doing certain chores and projects. She already had an outdoor one, and she wanted an indoor one now.

Basically it was the SS bandsaw, some wood, and 12 decking screws. The legs are made from very thick sassafras -- for good stability but light weight. The top & apron planks are walnut. The cutouts in the leg pieces were sketched in with a French curve and were just gentle enough to accomplish with the 1/2" blade I had on the bandsaw. It was a fun project :)
Job stool 1.jpg
Job stool 1.jpg (175.59 KiB) Viewed 2003 times
Job stool 2.jpg
Job stool 2.jpg (158.29 KiB) Viewed 2003 times

Happy woodworking,
Chris
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Quick bandsaw Job stool

Post by JPG »

I think that could hold up a buick.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
ssuel
Gold Member

Post by ssuel »

Nice job and very useful
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

Like the grain and color of the sassafras , nice job !
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Sometimes the simple projects are the most satisfying. And I’ll bet that sassafras smelled wonderful when you cut it.
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

Thanks, all !

JPG: Your reply reminds me of an old photo of a vehicle parked atop a Shopsmith, which fully "shouldered the load" :) Was that your intention?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

nuhobby wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:30 pm Thanks, all !

JPG: Your reply reminds me of an old photo of a vehicle parked atop a Shopsmith, which fully "shouldered the load" :) Was that your intention?
Yep!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange