Maintenance/Installation Videos

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ericolson
Gold Member

Post by ericolson »

deanthom wrote:And FWIW, JLewis is a decent and honest reseller. Good ebayer to work with.
I can second what Dean says about JLewis. I've bought a few things from him and he's ALWAYS been upfront and straight shooting. Too bad all eBayer sellers don't have his integrity.
Eric
Rock Creek Designs

Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!
woodburner
Gold Member

Post by woodburner »

Hi All,

Shopsmith DID make videos at one time, I believe it was in the early 90's. They were titled the Shopsmith Heirloom Series, showing how to make different projects and such. I have five of them.
They also used to include an alignment video that came with your Shopsmith when you purchased it. They no longer have it because the Shopsmith comes already aligned for you.
The only one they have now is the infomercial. It show the Shopsmith going through its paces, but nothing on alignment, etc.
Just thought I'd let you know what I know.
P.S. I'm working on making a new woodworking video series featuring the Shopsmith, including alignment, maint. and how to maintain and operate the major tool accessories (bandsaw, jointer, beltsander, etc.). If you are interested in such a video series, let me know. If it seems to be a popular enough idea, I'll get started on the videos right away. I have the equipment and know-how to make some great videos, not just woodworking know-how, but video production know how also.:D
Sawdust & Shavings,
Woodburner:o