Shorty -One Man Change

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mtobey wrote:The last photo is the true color-not so warm.Trying to attach.
So now we know what a luthier makes. GEE it looks fantastic! Nice grain matchup! Am curious what staining you will do.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

jpg40504 wrote:Does all this activity mean you got YOUR computer back alive and well?:cool:
No. I continue to use a borrowed laptop to access the internet and deal with my e-mail.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
mtobey
Gold Member

Post by mtobey »

It does not get stained. The true color pic is with 12 coats of wipe on poly. It now gets 20 more, two a day cut 50% with MS. Then two weeks and rub up to high gloss. I have another with quilted maple cap that will get stain- I'll photo as I go on that one. The mahogany sub body gets dark amber and the top, a lighter reddish amber.The trick there is using auto detailers'/pinstripers' tape to separate the cap from the bulk of the sides.
Now that I have the short but vertical SS, I can do pattern drum sanding and less holding breath drilling for bridges, tuners and tailpieces- also, I do a threaded insert conversion which is way too risky without a drill press. I have a heavy duty DP in my unheated garage- I can't rely on my arthritic hands to work accurately in the cold.And, when I was 13, I went through ice playing pond hockey, walked home--5 miles, all uphill <>--skin did not quite turn black but close enough that frostbite and I share DNA.

I am actually physically excited-pleasant anticipation toward the versatility.mt, aka ole'lefty
1983 Mark V- beltsander, jigsaw, Stripsander,jointer, bandsaw-double carriage and tables with molders and drums, Over Arm Pin Routers(Freestanding x 2)Second Mark V.:D