Hammered Verde Green Spray Paint

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Albertt62
Gold Member

Hammered Verde Green Spray Paint

Post by Albertt62 »

Does anyone have a source for the Hammered Verde Green Rustolum spray paint?

I’ve searched their vendor list, done google searches etc. but can’t find any.
twistsol
Gold Member

Re: Hammered Verde Green Spray Paint

Post by twistsol »

Both of the below locations claim to have it in stock. I've never used either supplier so buyer beware.

https://warehousesoverstock.com/rust-ol ... -12-ounce/
http://www.paint-store.net/store/produc ... ctid=13939 (6-pack spray cans only)
Thanks much,

Chris Phelps
Cheap tools are too expensive
2x Mark 5 520 and a 10ER
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

On the Warehouses Overstock page, I cannot add the Verde Green paint to the cart to buy it. Also, if the price is for a single can -OUCH. The is around 5 times the price it normally would be.

When I tried to place an order paint-store.net appears to be a business domain for sale and the business itself may be closed.

Rust-Oleum Hammered Finish Verde Green paint is one of the colors that has apparently been discontinued. Although not a great match to its original green it has been a favorite for restoring Mark 5 Greenies. I don't have enough left to use it for restoring a second Mark 2 Greenie I have. I am currently looking for an alternative.

Another Rust-Oleum Hammered Finish paint that has apparently been discontinued is Oatmeal which with the Hammered Finish Copper are near perfect matches for painting Goldies.

_
IMG_0220cr.jpg
IMG_0220cr.jpg (133.73 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
IMG_0273 r.jpg
IMG_0273 r.jpg (119.88 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
hkp7fan
Silver Member

Post by hkp7fan »

Hello: I am a new member, and have my Grandfather's 1955 Magna Mark V "greenie". I plan to restore it, and bought the two shades of green paint from the Shopsmith online store. Do I correctly infer from this post that these colors will not duplicate the original finish? A lot of the paint has flaked off the head stock housing, and the support legs have a lot of surface rust. But I thought if I cleaned them up that the "dark green" paint from Shopsmith would be the correct color. ??

Thanks.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I suggest not trying to match/duplicate original colors, but rather pick something YOU like.

BTW Hammered Verde Green is no more.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

hkp7fan,

In my post above the Greenie I restored has Rust-Oleum Hammered Finish Verde Green paint and Rust-Oleum Hammered Finish Silver paint. Shopsmith is selling a non-Hammered Finish Paint and I don't know why they sell the lighter green. I guess as a replacement for the silverish parts. The darker green is probably a closer match to the original green color then Verde Green but again not hammered finish paint. It is a color I am considering for restoring the second Mark 2 Greenie I have yet to finish. To that darker green I would add a topcoat of Rust-Oleum Hammered Finish clear coat paint to get that hammered finish look. Still experimenting with that.

The picture below (from the touch up paint page) is the example of the Shopsmith Touch Up Paint for the Greenies.

_
SS greenie touch up paint.jpg
SS greenie touch up paint.jpg (15.56 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
I used that darker green paint along with a Rust-Oleum Hammered Finish paint for the silver parts for a restoration I did. Not bad looking but again it lacks that hammered finish.

_
323433.jpg
323433.jpg (89.81 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
Russ

Mark V 520
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
hkp7fan
Silver Member

Post by hkp7fan »

Thanks, I appreciate the pointers!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Hammered finish clear coat?????

If it is clear, what creates the hammered look?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Clear Topcoat Hammered Finish.png
Clear Topcoat Hammered Finish.png (114.22 KiB) Viewed 1999 times
It has the same qualities as the Hammered Finish colors to create the effect.

As I said before I am still working with it and paint colors to get the best combination. Restoring the second Mark 2 is lower on my priority list and I am working more on the two Model 10E's S/N 1076 and 1033.
Russ

Mark V 520
RichardGibbs
Bronze Member

Post by RichardGibbs »

Spoke with Rust Oleum today about this paint. Per customer support it's scheduled to restarted in Feb 2023 with sales starting in Mid-spring. Subject to change ,suggested checking back with them in January. Hopefully it will again be for sale.