Raising saw table to clear blade before sliding table

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

stew
Gold Member

Re: Raising saw table to clear blade before sliding table

Post by stew »

Thanks for the tip, the finger touch method worked for my 520 system.
Matanuska
Gold Member

Post by Matanuska »

Should have said I have a 520 table.
1985 Mark V upgraded to 520 PowerPro. Shopsmith cast iron table bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, and 60's vintage 610 jigsaw SPT's. Makita 2040 15" planer, JessEm Mast-R-Lift II router table.
rogersk
Gold Member

Post by rogersk »

Matanuska wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:15 pm Should have said I have a 520 table.
I was disappointed it didn't work for my Model 500, but it's still a good tip. If I ever get a 520, I'll be using it. Thanks for posting it.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Keep in mind the original M5 design was for a 9" blade and the MV 500 for a 10" blade. I do not think the MV 500 mounting posts are different from the M5. That means an additional 1/2" elevation is required.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jwwrguru
Bronze Member

Post by jwwrguru »

For people who ponder the acquisition of a slide... They are superior to a normal table saw. My saw is almost no degree in comparison to a few of the more extensive and higher-quality slides I've utilized, but the same guidelines hold.
db5
Platinum Member

Post by db5 »

jwwrguru wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:42 am For people who ponder the acquisition of a slide... They are superior to a normal table saw. My saw is almost no degree in comparison to a few of the more extensive and higher-quality slides I've utilized, but the same guidelines hold.
What does "acquisition of a slide" refer to?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

spam coming!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange