Magna Accessories

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

burton
Bronze Member

Magna Accessories

Post by burton »

I have a 10ER and recently bought a Magna 6" sander and a Magna jigsaw on Craigslist thinking they would work on my machine. Wrong. The mounting sleeves are too narrow. Is there an easy fix?
perryobear
Gold Member

Post by perryobear »

burton wrote:I have a 10ER and recently bought a Magna 6" sander and a Magna jigsaw on Craigslist thinking they would work on my machine. Wrong. The mounting sleeves are too narrow. Is there an easy fix?
Hi,

I don't have a 10ER but I do on occassion notice an adapter assembly on eBay that I think is what you would be looking for. The adapter is newly fabricated and appears "simple" but not necessarily inexpensive. One sold a while back. Check out eBay SHOPSMITH 10ER POWER MOUNT ADAPTER BRACKET A, Item number: 250371354450 under "completed listings".

As the listing indicates there was also an adapter made by Magna "way back when" just for this purpose. You can see the original adapter in Shopsmith Shavings, Issue No. 10 at SSUG.org archives: http://www.ssug.org/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=29

UPDATE: A an adapter mount was listed on eBay today 02/22/09. It might be easier to view this item if you are not currently an eBay member, http://cgi.ebay.com/SHOPSMITH-10ER-POWE ... 240%3A1318

The same seller also lists a one piece pulley/drive hub assembly that allows the Special Purpose Tool to be driven from the left end of the 10ER.

I hope others on the forum with 10ER's can give you more information. (And welcome to the forum!)

Dennis
burton
Bronze Member

Post by burton »

Looks like it's going to cost me around $200 (mount and pulley) to get everything going. I may just put these items back on Craigslist. I really appreciate your help with this issue.

Regards
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

You might also want to visit the 10erusers group on Yahoo. There are a number of members that have fabricated mounts for these accessories.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
lv2wdwrk
Gold Member

Post by lv2wdwrk »

Another site is ssug.org. There is a 10 & 10ER section.
Bob

Don't try to make sense out of nonsense!