What is THIS?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

80spiders
Gold Member

What is THIS?

Post by 80spiders »

First, I want to say thanks to all of the folks on here that share their time and knowledge with others. I know it takes time to read and respond so I want to say I appreciate it and I hope I will be able to assist as well down the road once I have more hands on experience with Shopsmith.
This week I stumbled into a pretty good deal on a Mark V 510. (I have a 520 that I like a lot so I was really not in the market for another machine but had to take it to get the scroll saw, jointer and belt sander. :D Well, the deal came with a bunch of stuff (chucks, brad point bits, saw blades, lathe centers and allen wrenches) that included the tool below. Can anyone tell me what this is?
Attachments
wrench.jpg
wrench.jpg (334.77 KiB) Viewed 818 times
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: What is THIS?

Post by dusty »

A special wrench and screw driver??? Don't recognize it as a Shopsmith tool.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Looks like an arbor wrench for a Sears Radial Arm Saw.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Yeah, Ed is right. Check out the link below...it is listed as a "Craftsman ~ Radial Arm Saw~ Blade Arbor Wrench"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275187214870
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
80spiders
Gold Member

Post by 80spiders »

thank you guys. I know now not to look for someplace to make this work on the 510! Have great day.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I agree with the others and have a Craftsman Saw wrench like it. It is common to find non-Shopsmith items with a Shopsmith for sale. Over 5 years ago I bought a Mark V with SPT's that had non-Shopsmith items. Since I have one I recognized them as parts to a Craftsman Table Saw. I left them with the seller so they could go back on the Craftsman Table Saw sitting on the other side of the room.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.