Shorten My DC3000/DC6000

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Shorten My DC3000/DC6000

Post by dusty »

I have restricted the size of the dust collection bag by stuffing it inside of a small plastic container and will be using the DC that way for awhile. After a trial period I
ll decide . Thanks for the feedback.

This discussion takes me back to a thought along time ago. Why can't the DC be a device that occupies the area beneath the Mark?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: Shorten My DC3000/DC6000

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:19 am This discussion takes me back to a thought along time ago. Why can't the DC be a device that occupies the area beneath the Mark?
Dusty,

Yeah, it is called a Mark VII !!! :) Seriously though, it was the right idea, but just maybe not the right implementation in the Mark VII from what I understand. I have looked for more of a horizontal unit in the past and the only one really on the market that I know of are the ones that Harvey makes. VERY expensive and Chinese owned company. They sell the only axial cyclone woodworking based dust collector, but it is a monster of a dust collector.

Let us know how it goes with the changes of your DC-3300.

https://www.harveywoodworking.com/produ ... -processor
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor