New Purchase - $100!!

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

That's a teriffic deal, you ought to be ashamed. (just kiddin)

With a little TLC, lotsa elbow grease, and several parts orders, you will have an excellent woodworking system.
thainglo
Gold Member

Post by thainglo »

Aside from the control sheave assembly that I'll need to replace, the machine is fairly good shape. Haven't gotten to try out the attachments yet, though. I've got an older goldie I'm restoring, went and bought this one because it was such a great deal I couldn't pass up. Probably will get it all back in good working condition and put it back on the market, use the money to buy some more accessories. Already have a jointer (from goldie) and wasn't sure I'd keep the planer, but the more I think about it, more I might hold onto it.

Another greenie unit is nearby in Marietta that needs a little work, also has a jointer and jig saw for $300. Talked with the seller when he was at $500 and just too much to spend. At $300, might pull that in too.

Is there a 12-step program for SS addiction?
Lost count, over a dozen rebuilt/repaired/restored
Personal equipment: 510 made in 1993, belt sander, jig saw, band saw, planer and jointer

Matt in GA
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

thainglo wrote:Aside from the control sheave assembly that I'll need to replace, the machine is fairly good shape. Haven't gotten to try out the attachments yet, though. I've got an older goldie I'm restoring, went and bought this one because it was such a great deal I couldn't pass up. Probably will get it all back in good working condition and put it back on the market, use the money to buy some more accessories. Already have a jointer (from goldie) and wasn't sure I'd keep the planer, but the more I think about it, more I might hold onto it.

Another greenie unit is nearby in Marietta that needs a little work, also has a jointer and jig saw for $300. Talked with the seller when he was at $500 and just too much to spend. At $300, might pull that in too.

I see that you have sold a couple of those that you had. Therefore, I conclude that you have nothing to worry about. Keep doing what you are doing. When you have too many, you'll know it. Like when you stub your toe, getting out of bed, on a Shopsmith.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

thainglo wrote:Aside from the control sheave assembly that I'll need to replace, the machine is fairly good shape. Haven't gotten to try out the attachments yet, though. I've got an older goldie I'm restoring, went and bought this one because it was such a great deal I couldn't pass up. Probably will get it all back in good working condition and put it back on the market, use the money to buy some more accessories. Already have a jointer (from goldie) and wasn't sure I'd keep the planer, but the more I think about it, more I might hold onto it.

WHERE in Marietta did you say that seller is?:D :D :D :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

I purchased my MKV mounted planer in 1985. It was probably one of their earliest models. I've now mounted it on it's own stand and it continues to work perfectly. It has the original bearings and has only required light maintenance. The blades have been replaced several times of course. I can certainly recommend that you hold on to it.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG40504 wrote:WHERE in Marietta did you say that seller is?:D :D :D :D
I'll be in Marietta by about Saturday.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob