shopsmith part or not?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

shopsmith part or not?

Post by reible »

Hi,

Got this part that was in the box of junk that came with a 10er. It looks to be the right age and weight but I haven't seen it in the literature... Anyone know about it?
[ATTACH]3554[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3555[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3556[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Ed
Attachments
part1.jpg
part1.jpg (90.47 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
part1view2.jpg
part1view2.jpg (89.74 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
part1view3.jpg
part1view3.jpg (90.17 KiB) Viewed 7515 times
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
ldh
Gold Member

Post by ldh »

Ed,
I don't think that part is from a SS 10ER. My guess is that it is part of a miter gauge from some type of old table saw or part of an angle device from some unknown piece of machinery. My old ER sits in the corner now rarely used, but it still remains one of the best multi-use woodworking machines ever made.
ldh
SDSSmith
Platinum Member

Post by SDSSmith »

I have bought about 20 10's, E's and ER's, and have never seen a part like that with any of them.
Rob in San Diego
Email: SDSSmith51 AT gmail.com
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ldh wrote:Ed,
I don't think that part is from a SS 10ER. My guess is that it is part of a miter gauge from some type of old table saw or part of an angle device from some unknown piece of machinery. My old ER sits in the corner now rarely used, but it still remains one of the best multi-use woodworking machines ever made.
ldh
Rig up a SS miter gauge bar to it and you will have a whopper. No scale, so you will need a "Miterset".:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange