New Yankee Workshop on YouTube - New Channel

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ssuel
Gold Member

New Yankee Workshop on YouTube - New Channel

Post by ssuel »

Thought I would share this. Yesterday YouTube suggested a video posted 4-days ago from Russell Morash, the owner of the shop where most of the New Yankee Workshop episodes were filmed. (I think Mr. Morash was involved in the production of the series too).

Over the years I have seen where others have posted some of the videos, but the video quality was poor. The first video linked below is from Mr. Morash explaining the new YouTube Channel. I have looked at one video and the video quality is pretty good. The episode I watched the morning showed Norm using a ShopSmith too building a shaker style wall mounted medicine cabinet.

Thank You Russell for making this content available for all to enjoy again.

https://youtu.be/KkNhWgoTtd8

https://youtube.com/@newyankeeworkshop

Thanks
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Re: New Yankee Workshop on YouTube - New Channel

Post by RFGuy »

Thanks. It popped up in my feed as well on YT yesterday for the Russell video. I'll have to check out some of the old New Yankee Workshop videos. I had seen them online in the past and the video quality was very poor due to when they were digitized. If the re-released videos of Norm are better now they must have re-mastered/re-digitized them. I hope that is the case. I wish someone would do this for the SS Sawdust Sessions.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
ssuel
Gold Member

Post by ssuel »

Whole heartedly agree with your comment about the SawDust Sessions from ShopSmith
ssuel
Gold Member

Post by ssuel »

So there is more…. While working in the woodshop today I have been playing several of the New Yankee Workshop episodes ….yea I have full internet and a wall mounted smart TV in the woodshop. What can I say I am retired 🤗🤗🤗

So there have been absolutely no YouTube ads and it got me to wondering why…. I found out when I went to https://www.newyankee.com/. Evidently there is more coming in February, 2023. Wonder what that is going to be?
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

ssuel wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:54 pm So there is more…. While working in the woodshop today I have been playing several of the New Yankee Workshop episodes ….yea I have full internet and a wall mounted smart TV in the woodshop. What can I say I am retired 🤗🤗🤗

So there have been absolutely no YouTube ads and it got me to wondering why…. I found out when I went to https://www.newyankee.com/. Evidently there is more coming in February, 2023. Wonder what that is going to be?
Yeah, there is an option to NOT monetize your channel and some nice YT creators do this for their viewers. However, many people run ad blockers with YouTube. It is easy to do if you watch from a PC. Honestly I couldn't stand watching YT videos if I had to watch ads again. I run "AdBlock for YouTube" as an extension on Chrome and it is fantastic.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:39 pm
ssuel wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:54 pm So there is more…. While working in the woodshop today I have been playing several of the New Yankee Workshop episodes ….yea I have full internet and a wall mounted smart TV in the woodshop. What can I say I am retired 🤗🤗🤗

Yeah, there is an option to NOT monetize your channel and some nice YT creators do this for their viewers. However, many people run ad blockers with YouTube. It is easy to do if you watch from a PC. Honestly I couldn't stand watching YT videos if I had to watch ads again. I run "AdBlock for YouTube" as an extension on Chrome and it is fantastic.
For years I have only watched YT videos on a PC. I always wondered why people were complaining about ads. I run the Firefox extension Adblock Plus on all my PC's and never realized that is why I don't see the ads on YT. Then last fall I broke down and got a Firestick for my TV so I could watch Thursday night Football which is only on Prime Video now. Don't want to watch football on a PC. So, I started watching YT on the TV and found out what the ads were all about. Not too bad. Lots of them you can cancel and the ones you can't are only a few seconds long. Still it is kind of a pain. I don't think I have ever bought anything because of an ad on TV.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT