Help Me Identify This Miter Gauge

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Help Me Identify This Miter Gauge

Post by chapmanruss »

I have both styles of hold-down clamp too.

As David Said,
'Old' has a threaded rod with knurled nuts, 'new' is a smooth rod with a single-point clamp. I keep an old style around, but strongly prefer the new for its ease of adjustment.
I use mine pretty much the same as David. Mostly the newer clamp on the 3 "T" Track Miters. I have the old style clamp on the Mark 5 type Miter that added the Safety Grip to the Miter for the Model 10's, the Mark 2 Miter and older Mark 5/V Miters. I don't use them as often, so I haven't bothered to change any of them.

I did find a picture of the Miter which is from the ad of a SuperShop that was for sale near me. The bar has the same locking feature and I wonder is the bar size the same since Al says his fits the Shopsmith Table Slot.

_
Fox SuperShop Miter.jpg
Fox SuperShop Miter.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
BigAl
Gold Member

Post by BigAl »

Thanks for the input! There are a couple of the newer style OEM units on eBay right now. I'm still debating on whether or not I really need one though. What I have may be a bit heavy and cumbersome, but it actually does the job quite well.
1982 Mk V upgraded to a 510.
Gray SS scroll saw, SS Jointer, SS bandsaw
Inherited WWII vintage Atlas/Craftsman drill press
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I do like having the safety grip on the miters which is more ergonomically designed and more comfortable to use than a straight post.

Any time I need to use a Miter on a Model 10E or 10ER I would use the Special Miter which is a Mark 5 type on a Model 10 bar. That way I have a better grip than using the Model 10 Miters. One of mine is shown below.

_
Safety Miter P-N 12 353 on Model 10ER.jpg
Safety Miter P-N 12 353 on Model 10ER.jpg (162.06 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.