ShopNotes Back in (e)Print

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

roy_okc
Platinum Member

ShopNotes Back in (e)Print

Post by roy_okc »

I was reading the Feb 23 issue of WoodSmith yesterday and found out that after an eight-year hiatus, ShopNotes magazine is back. At this time, it will be published quarterly and only in electronic format. One of the things I like about WoodSmith and ShopNotes is that besides the online viewing interface, there is a very obvious button to download as a PDF.

The current issue, #139, is 48 pages and includes a recent topic related to a recent thread here, building a DIY loose tenon router jig.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Re: ShopNotes Back in (e)Print

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

In a similar vein, I was poking about on the Woodpeckers website recently, and noticed that they now have a “Project Plans” section. It turns out that they are now selling a huge catalog of WoodSmith plans, and that section is pretty well organized.

Sure enough, they offer router mortising jig plans for about ten bucks.

Interestingly, some of the jig plans are low-cost alternatives to Woodpeckers’ own expensive red-anodized aluminum jigs.
KCollins
Gold Member

Re: ShopNotes Back in (e)Print

Post by KCollins »

Man good ol ShopNotes. I loved those bad boys. I have Vol. 1 Issue 1 all the way through to Vol. 23 Issue 138 in PDF. I'm not sure but I think that's all of the old ones.
Kevin Collins

1x Mark 7 - 520
2x Mark 5 - 510
1x 1956 Mark 5 - 500 in need of restoration