"Forbidden"

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

gac5ss
Gold Member

"Forbidden"

Post by gac5ss »

"Forbidden You don't have permission to access this resource."

I get this on several pages of the Shopsmith online catalog. This one is from trying to view the Speed Increaser. Does this mean they are discontinuing the item, changing the price, or something else? I know both the speed increaser and speed reducer were on sale for a few days. The speed reducer has returned to regular price.

Just curious.
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: "Forbidden"

Post by DLB »

I'm getting the same error, never seen this particular error before. I wouldn't presume any hidden meaning, most likely just an error that their IT guys need to correct. "Not Found" occurs quite a bit with items that are no longer available, and sometimes items simply say they are discontinued. If we have a vote, I prefer maintaining the links and item descriptions even if the item is not for sale.

- David
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Growing pains, I believe. The main website has been talking for a while (few months?) about changes coming to it. IMHO, it is about time they updated their website, etc. Would be nice to know an ETA of when the "changes" will be complete though. This is what the website says:
SSwebsite.jpg
SSwebsite.jpg (86.99 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
CreekWood
Gold Member

Post by CreekWood »

That "Coming Soon" notice sure looks like a Milwaukee web page 🙂
Mark V 500 upgraded to 520
Delta 36-725 TS
Kobalt Sliding Miter Saw
Bosch 1617EVS & Router Table
Craftsman 351.23371 Planer
Performax 16-32 Thickness Sander (finally tracking right!)
...and a growing collection of traditional hand tools.
mperozziello
Bronze Member

Post by mperozziello »

When I talked to SS customer service a couple weeks ago they also confirmed major webpage revamp is coming. She said they can hardly wait as they keep having to explain such anomalies all the time.