2022 Federal Income Tax

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

claimdude
Gold Member

Re: 2022 Federal Income Tax

Post by claimdude »

Glad to hear your good news Dusty! I must admit I have done a lot iof taxes over the years and keep on changes annually and was perplexed that your situation appeared to change drastically year over year due to any recent tax changes.

Jack
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

I still recall that one year, when after many years in business my accountant called and asked me what I wanted to do with the refund I was getting. It took more than a moment to comprehend I wasn't writing any big checks or filing more forms that year. I considered applying it to the next year's taxes, but that seemed like found money that I had to take and spend foolishly. I didn't, I just used it to pay some bills, but it was still a milestone in my life.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

e-file the evening of Feb. 13. Direct deposit of return happened Feb 22. That was quick!

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I filed mine by mail so I should see my small refund by August, but due to the incompetence of the IRS, they have to pay me interest on my refund.
IMAGINE, the government paying me interest.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

garys wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:36 pm I filed mine by mail so I should see my small refund by August, but due to the incompetence of the IRS, they have to pay me interest on my refund.
Don't hold your breathe!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

IRS paid me interest on my late refund the last 2 years in a row as they delayed getting it paid to me. I expect this year to be exactly the same. I haven't figured out the interest rate they pay, but it looks pretty good compared to the banks.
stew
Gold Member

Post by stew »

Shouldn't the interest rate that the IRS pays us be the same as the interest rate they charge us when we mess up and have to pay them interest?
john_001
Gold Member

Post by john_001 »

garys wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:36 pm I filed mine by mail so I should see my small refund by August, but due to the incompetence of the IRS, they have to pay me interest on my refund.
Yeah, and then the interest is considered taxable income next year! The IRS giveth and the IRS taketh away.