Pictures please, Mark VII safety latch

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

MichiganTom
Gold Member

Pictures please, Mark VII safety latch

Post by MichiganTom »

Realized the Mark VII I just recently purchased didn't come with vertical position Safety Latches. Pictures in the manual are too far away and grainy. Could someone who owns a Mark VII please take a couple pictures of the Latches and lock points on the carriage, so I can look to retrofit Safety Latches.
Any help will be appreciated!!

Tom
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Pictures please, Mark VII safety latch

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
MichiganTom
Gold Member

Post by MichiganTom »

JPG wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:34 pm viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16330&p=187890#p187888
Thats a good link, will help alot thanks. The dust collection box for mine isn't original, it's 1 inch particle board and it doesn't appear that the Latches were ever put on, no holes.

I'll have to look again at the unit to see where the Latches would grab/hold the End Caps.

I'll eventually figure out where to find things here, 😌
MichiganTom
Gold Member

Post by MichiganTom »

Going through that link also showed the other question about the mystery spring on the rack lock shaft. Not on your machine. When the weather get where I'm not blasting through propane, your teardown thread going to be USED!!
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

MichiganTom wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:46 pm Going through that link also showed the other question about the mystery spring on the rack lock shaft. Not on your machine. When the weather get where I'm not blasting through propane, your teardown thread going to be USED!!
That is what it is for! :cool:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange