Today in the shop "CT26 Handle"

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Today in the shop "CT26 Handle"

Post by reible »

When setting in the shop a handle on a Festool CT26 or lack of one makes only a minor difference. In fact it might be more in the way then a helper. I how ever have a Ultimate Dust Deputy SD Cyclone Separator on top of mine. So most of the space above the CT is used up and adding a handle changes little in that respect.

When you then decide you would like to have your CT out in the driveway like I often like to do it is bit of a pain to move around since you have few good places to grab and even fewer handholds to move it with. Then comes time to put it back in the shop, perhaps even more fun then taking it out if you get my drift.

So before the price increase I ordered the handle hoping it would be worth the money. It is! Put it on today and wheeled the CT about and tucked it away like never before. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather to enjoy it even more.

I actually would string hoses together just so I didn't have to move the CT out of the shop, that is not going to be needed anymore.

Oh yea there is a picture to prove it really happened.
new handle.jpg
new handle.jpg (349.64 KiB) Viewed 119795 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]