Microjig Fitfinder

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Microjig Fitfinder

Post by reible »

On sale last month at woodcrafters plus I had free shipping....

I had planned on writing about it in case anyone has been wanting one and would like to have saved $5 but I didn't have the opportunity to try it out and didn't want to do a review without playing with it, so sorry about that.

So when doing woodworking it often comes to wanting to the half thickness of some stock. Since stock can be called 3/4" but not be all that close or maybe 18.7mm plywood measuring is needed to find that point. So here is where this jig comes in. You place the wood on a flat surface, put the jig arm over the wood and like magic another arm on the jig gives you the halfway. OK it is not magic, just some high school math you most likely learned about.

Yes it only works on stock up and less then 3". It will work with round, square and rectangular stock. It has magnets on the bottom which doesn't do much for shopsmith owners but could be useful on other platforms. You can can use the 1/2 thickness arm directly to set router bit or saw blade height or to check a cut you have made that should have been 1/2 thickness.....

Yes you can also use as a marking gauge with your favorite marking device. It is really cool to use on round stock to find the center for lathe work. I'm sure I will be finding more uses as time goes on. You can check out their website for more details.
fitfinder.jpg
fitfinder.jpg (175.78 KiB) Viewed 2808 times
It looks like it will be a very useful tool in the shop. Maybe the magnets will be useful for keeping it handy??

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Microjig Fitfinder

Post by JPG »

√2 comes in handy at times! With that jig twice.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange