Self Adhesive Magnetic Tape

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Self Adhesive Magnetic Tape

Post by dusty »

This might me of interest to some of you.

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Magneti ... 0291&psc=1

I have of recent been having issues with the magnetic rule on my 520 tables.

The magnets have weakened to the point where the rule can be brushed off with a shirt sleeve.

Maybe NO MORE. I just retaped all of my table rails. The hard part was removing the adhesive residue.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
DLB
Platinum Member

Re: Self Adhesive Magnetic Tape

Post by DLB »

How did this work out? Some of the reviews have negative comments about the magnetic strength, but I'm sure this depends on your application.

- David
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

DLB wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:37 pm How did this work out? Some of the reviews have negative comments about the magnetic strength, but I'm sure this depends on your application.

- David
It is a bit soon to provide an acceptability report simply because I have not used the ruler since I installed it BUT the magnetic strip seems to be every bit as strong as the original.

I must warn...removal of the adhesive used to hold the original one was the hard part. I took magnetic tape off of two floating tables an extension table and two main tables. After using most of my solvents the last of residue was removed with a razor blade.

I'll run up a warning flag if it comes loose during normal use any time in the near future.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

After a week in the shop (using the metal rule on the main table) I have concluded that the metal rule is as secure with this new magnetic tape as it ever was. Very satisfied.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
steverboss
Gold Member

Post by steverboss »

I’ve used “Goo-Gone” for removing sticker reside for years. I’ve never found anything that worked better and yet not damage the underlying surface, whether it be on a painted surface or plastic, no damage. I would then follow up with rubbing alcohol to get the oily Goo-Gone off. Works excellent!