SS Electric Sharpener PN 600000

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

rockypt
Bronze Member

SS Electric Sharpener PN 600000

Post by rockypt »

Hi Folks,
Really glad to find this forum. Lots of great info and looks like great people willing to help fellow woodworkers. I plan on visiting often now that I have found this.

I have a Mark V that I picked up about a year ago at a garage sale. Great deal with a jointer and bandsaw accessories included (along with a crate e of tools and accessories).

I have had many hours of use and plan on continuing for years to come.

As you are all well aware, sharp tools are the only way to go. In that vein I recently purchased an electric benchtop ShopSmith Sharpener, part number 600000. It looks in great shape and seems to run great when turned on, The only problem is there was no owner/operation manual included. With all the options available for sharpening planer/jointer blades, scissors, chisels, knives and drill bits, the setups are not intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

Does anyone in the forum have a copy of the manual? I would be willing to pay for a photocopy or scanned electronic file copy of the manual.

I searched the forum but didn't find any reference to this particular sharpening system.

Thank You,
Mike O
rockypt
Phoenix AZ
curly57
Gold Member

Welcome!!

Post by curly57 »

Hi Mike O, and wellcome!! I looked up that part # and it said it wasn't found, maybe the part # has changed I'll see what I can find. Once againwelcome to the group, there's a Great bunch of guys here, I'm sure one of them will be able to help if I can't find anything.

Happy Woodworking and God Bless!!:)

I checked on the owners site http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/productmanuals.htm
you may have to call SS and ask cust. service about one, they'd be glad to help!!
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Mike:

What a coincidence! Yesterday I pulled my Shopsmith sharpener off the shelf and then looked in vain for the manual.

I called Shopsmith's customer service, not expecting much since this sharpener was at least 20 years old and has been long discontinued. Much to my surprise, the customer service rep, Linda, knew exactly what I was talking about. I said "boy are you good!" She just laughed and said " I've been here a million years."

Long story short - she is mailing me a copy of the manual. Call the 800-543-7586 and ask for Linda in customer service.

What a company!!
rockypt
Bronze Member

Thanks

Post by rockypt »

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

I will give SS a call tomorrow and ask for a copy.

Good Bless.
Mike O
rockypt
dusty
Platinum Member

SS Support - Production Hardware or No

Post by dusty »

Try what has just been described in this thread with Delta, Ryobi, Porter Cable, Craftsman, Grizzly, Jet and the list goes on. Does anyone believe they can get the same support elsewhere, I don't. This is what we have experienced for years - World Class.
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

Dusty:

You are absolutely correct. A few years ago I inherited a Rhobi radial arm saw. After a lot of searching on the web and phone calls I finally reached someone who could send me a manual. They charged me $10 and informed me that parts were no longer available for this not really so old saw.

Now I won't have anything made by Rhobi in my shop - even if it's free!
curly57
Gold Member

SS support

Post by curly57 »

I aggree Dusty SS support Is the Best bar none!!! I placed an order on sat. and asked about an order on back-order, I was told (by Gail) that she would research the problem and call me back on monday, well I got the call this morning and I should be getting the item later this week if not the first of next week. I know of no other company that goes the distance like SS.

Happy Woodworking and God Bless!!
Curly....:D