Famowood & Wood-Tex Original Wood Fillers

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ssuel
Gold Member

Famowood & Wood-Tex Original Wood Fillers

Post by ssuel »

I have always used Famowood’s “Original Wood Fillers” (solvent based) and been pleased with the results. My local hardwood & plywood supplier still stocks the wood filler, but no longer carries their matching Famowood’s “Wood Filler Thinner” which revives the filler when it wood dries out. My local hardwood supplier would tell me to just use lacquer thinner instead. I have been doing that and it works, but not as well as what was sold by Famowood. I contacted the manufacturer yesterday and thought I would share the response with all my ShopSmith friends. I am looking forward to trying out the solvent mix the technical department tells me is close to their old formula.

​Good morning,

Thank you for your interest in Eclectic Products and our woodfiller product line. The Original Woodfiller is solvent based and we still manufacture it, but unfortunately we discontinued our woodfiller thinner product a few years ago. There are a number of solvents that will work in its stead, like acetone, lacquer thinner, paint thinner, or mineral spirits. The closest blend to the filler thinner we used to make is a 50/50 mix of acetone and lacquer thinner.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to reach back out to us--we would love to help.

Thank you,

Technical Support Representative
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Famowood & Wood-Tex Original Wood Fillers

Post by JPG »

Excellent response!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mountainbreeze
Platinum Member

Post by mountainbreeze »

Good to know. Based on a recommendation from mbcabinetmaker (Remember him?) I have used nothing but Famowood and have never been disappointed.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

SPAMER alert!

Hoorld2000 is a SPAMER. He added a link at the very top of the quoted post from ssuel.

Reported.

Moderators, here is a tip. You can't see the link in his post because he hid it via HTML. If you look at the post in plain text the link will be there. Just click on the quote icon like you want to reply with the quoted post and you will see it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT