Mark V Speed Dial Safety Lock

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

UPBOILERMAKER
Bronze Member

Mark V Speed Dial Safety Lock

Post by UPBOILERMAKER »

I have a 1979 vintage Mark V. I am passing it down to my son who has inquisitive children. I read somewhere on the Shopsmith website that there is a plan for a latch that secures the Speed Dial knob of the Mark V and engages with the pad lock at the On/Off switch. The Shopsmith website has a verbal description with no pics and I could not follow it. I would like to make a version of this latch so my grandchildren will be unable to turn the Speed Dial. If anyone has crafted such a device, kindly post a plan or pics.

Many thanks,

UPBOILERMAKER
1979 Mark V with vintage 4" Jointer and Shaping attachments
oldc6
Gold Member

Re: Mark V Speed Dial Safety Lock

Post by oldc6 »

UPBOILERMAKER wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:37 pm I have a 1979 vintage Mark V. I am passing it down to my son who has inquisitive children. I read somewhere on the Shopsmith website that there is a plan for a latch that secures the Speed Dial knob of the Mark V and engages with the pad lock at the On/Off switch. The Shopsmith website has a verbal description with no pics and I could not follow it. I would like to make a version of this latch so my grandchildren will be unable to turn the Speed Dial. If anyone has crafted such a device, kindly post a plan or pics.

Many thanks,

UPBOILERMAKER
1979 Mark V with vintage 4" Jointer and Shaping attachments
i have made a couple of these but, cant figure out how to post picture.
so send your email i can post picture with email or tell me how to post
picture on here. used to be a paper clip symbol for attachments.
larryhrockisland
Gold Member

Re: Mark V Speed Dial Safety Lock

Post by larryhrockisland »

Larry Hargrove
Rock Island, Ok
1981 Mark V 500>510>520(98922)
19?? Mark V 500>Power Pro headstock 556176 06-17-11 factory exchange program original serial unknown
1957 Mark V 500 (350389)
1953 10ER
Another 10ER
Bandsaw 2012 Jointer 2012
Bandsaw, Jointer, other goodies
Craftsman table saw, Delta 46-460 Midi lathe
SS 6” Belt Sander w/power stand 1970’s?