Woodworking apron

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

steverboss
Gold Member

Woodworking apron

Post by steverboss »

I really need a x large woodworking shop apron. Has anybody made one especially for use with Shopsmith tools? Or has anybody found a commercially made apron that works well with Shopsmith tools? Please share!
john_001
Gold Member

Re: Woodworking apron

Post by john_001 »

Packard Woodworks makes an XL turners' apron (goes all the way to the neck) that's good to a 50" waist, if that helps.
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I have my official Shopsmith apron hanging in my shop...........................and I never wear it.
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Although I don't yet have one, not really an apron wearer, I like the design of the Jonathan Katz-Moses canvas apron.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Aprons are a bother, but they keep wives happy because they don't have to get glue out of clothes. But aprons are hot, can snag,are another step you have to make. I find aprons are great I buy one wear the heck out of the first week or so and then hang it up and never wear it again.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

steverboss,

My best advice is to decide what you want to have in the apron and find one that fits that need. I have three versions of the Shopsmith aprons and all are stored away. Like others, I too don't wear them. I understand they can be handy to keep things close at hand like the "Shopsmith Tool Kit" aka a 5/32" Allen Wrench or Drill Chuck Key.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

To me the purpose of a apron is clothing protection, not tool storage. I typically do not wear one, but will with very messy activities.

Sorta dates me, but a smock is less bothersome than an apron hanging around one's neck.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange