New Shopsmith Owner

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: New Shopsmith Owner

Post by chapmanruss »

When I said,
Parts for these old Model A-34 Jig Saws do come up for sale occasionally.
I didn't want to give you false hope as those parts could come up for sale next week or next year or later. It is hard to tell when it may show up.

As for making a replacement, the Hold Down Lock Cylinder P/N 134-34 may not be difficult to replicate. It is as the name says a cylinder with a hole for the Hold Down Support Assembly P/N 134-40X to go through and a threaded hole coming from the end to lock the Hold Down Support Assembly with a threaded lever. The Hold Down Lock Lever P/N 23 could be fabricated out of a piece of metal rod, cutting threads on one end, add a washer with threads to lock it to the level or weld a washer there and bend the lever to shape. You would just need the measurements which I can get for you from the Jig Saws I have. It may be over a week before I can get them for you since I will be out of town. If I get a chance before I'll try to post them. The parts look as shown in the page of the Owner's Guide below.

_
ssjig08.jpg
ssjig08.jpg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 106 times
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
Briansmith91
Bronze Member

Re: New Shopsmith Owner

Post by Briansmith91 »

Thank you to whoever suggested Skip at MKC tools. He just got back to me and said he had one and is shipping it out to me.