New Generation 2 PowerPro Headstock Touchscreen

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

claimdude
Gold Member

Re: New Generation 2 PowerPro Headstock Touchscreen

Post by claimdude »

I bought my Mark V in the early 80s and upgraded it along the way. I did the DIY of the Power Pro right after it launched and have been very happy with it. I will be ordering the complete PowerPro Gen 2 headstock this week and sell my Gen 1 when I get it. I am retiring 10/31/23 and want the latest iteration of the PowerPro for my retirement years!

Jack
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

claimdude wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:10 am I bought my Mark V in the early 80s and upgraded it along the way. I did the DIY of the Power Pro right after it launched and have been very happy with it. I will be ordering the complete PowerPro Gen 2 headstock this week and sell my Gen 1 when I get it. I am retiring 10/31/23 and want the latest iteration of the PowerPro for my retirement years!

Jack
Are they shipping the new PowerPro now. Maybe you want to order now to have it when you retire.

CONGRATULATIONS on your upcom retirement. May you have as many or more years hanging out in the shop as I have had. I am blessed with having been fully retired since 1998 (twenty five years). I had a military career plus two in the corporate world United Technologies and Rockwell Collins/Siemens.

I go to the shop these days mostly to bask in the sun and sip hot coffee.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
mauka
Gold Member

Post by mauka »

Hello all - Bandsaw and Jointer on shorty with PowerPro 2 Headstock?

I have a used SS Mark V and I was thinking about getting the shorty kit and PowerPro 2 Headstock to use with my Band Saw and Jointer.

Is it true that the PowerPro 2 will run the right side PTO in reverse? Which would allow the jointer run on the right side, while leaving he Band Saw on the left side.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Fitting the jointer on the right side(upper shaft) will be an issue since it is driven by the lower(higher speed) shaft on the left.

It would be possible to run the jointer on the left/lower shaft and the band saw on the right(that would require operating the band saw from the rear) Not an ideal solution. [see clarification below] :o :o :o

Yes the PP runs all shafts in either direction.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mauka
Gold Member

Post by mauka »

Thanks for the reply!
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

With the bandsaw on the right you will still operate it from the side, just like when it's mounted on the left side.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

RFGuy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:18 am Anyone know when/where demos will be? Can't find anything on this on the website like it used to be.
Answering my own question...just got an email about a demo with Mike Young tomorrow regarding a Mark 7 demo. What is NOT clear is whether it will, or will not, have the Gen 2 PowerPro for the demo. Posting in case anyone else wants to attend to find out. Check out link below:

https://www.shopsmith.com/live-online-d ... esenter=MY
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

RFGuy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:15 am
RFGuy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:18 am Anyone know when/where demos will be? Can't find anything on this on the website like it used to be.
Answering my own question...just got an email about a demo with Mike Young tomorrow regarding a Mark 7 demo. What is NOT clear is whether it will, or will not, have the Gen 2 PowerPro for the demo. Posting in case anyone else wants to attend to find out. Check out link below:

https://www.shopsmith.com/live-online-d ... esenter=MY
I'll be busy tomorrow but I might be able to watch the one on Thursday that you linked to ;)
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

RFGuy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:15 am Answering my own question...just got an email about a demo with Mike Young tomorrow regarding a Mark 7 demo. What is NOT clear is whether it will, or will not, have the Gen 2 PowerPro for the demo. Posting in case anyone else wants to attend to find out.
I just got a similar email, but a later date, and had the same question. If you attend, please clarify the Gen 2 question.

- David
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

edma194 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 8:43 am With the bandsaw on the right you will still operate it from the side, just like when it's mounted on the left side.
I stand corrected!!! :o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange