Baking center

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Re: Baking center

Post by thunderbirdbat »

I have some of the attachments or at least the ones that I think I will use. Some of them, I just do not see a need for or already have a stand alone version of. I am still trying to figure out if it would be easier to put the attachments on a shelf in the base unit or above the worktop on the upper shelves that I still need to make. I am leaning towards the upper shelving unit as it will only be about a foot deep. Easier to see and therefore remember that I have it for use. I have noticed that I do use the mixer more now that it is easier to access.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

thunderbirdbat wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:12 pm I have some of the attachments or at least the ones that I think I will use. Some of them, I just do not see a need for or already have a stand alone version of. I am still trying to figure out if it would be easier to put the attachments on a shelf in the base unit or above the worktop on the upper shelves that I still need to make. I am leaning towards the upper shelving unit as it will only be about a foot deep. Easier to see and therefore remember that I have it for use. I have noticed that I do use the mixer more now that it is easier to access.
Here's a half baked idea: You have space above the mixture for a large tall and deep drawer that could hold a lot of accessories and utensils. You can't raise the mixer up for use without removing that drawer. Could the drawer be made to be removed and kept someplace handy while using the mixer? Could your upper shelves be designed with this use in mind?
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

I was considering a shelf above the mixer but it would have to be a partial to keep it out of the way of the mixer and lift mechanism. I did mount a power strip on the back in that area for the mixer and two other power strips with lights I will mount under the upper shelves. I am still on considering the idea as I have a second 6 qt. bowl with lids and the 3 qt. bowl for the mixer I need to store.

The upper shelves are currently designed as 3 uprights with a fixed lower shelf on each side at about 21" above the main counter, 2 adjustable shelves above that and a top piece that spans all 3 uprights at about 46" above the counter. I know that 21" is higher than normal but I have a Vitamix that will not fit under an 18" shelf.

I was considering making stands/holders for each attachment or attachment components to sit on the shelf. The pasta roller, both pasta cutters and ravioli press could all go in one unit with little cubbies for each to sit in. Maybe a small box for the parts for the meat grinder with compartments for the sausage stuffing tubes, pasta extruder plates and the fruit strainer attachments. A box for the grain mill components and one for the slicer/shredder parts. That way all the parts could be kept together for each attachment and would be easy to just grab the container to set up what I needed.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

Finally I was able to get back to the baking center. I had to make a birthday present for my daughter and get some other things done around the house.
daughters birthday present
daughters birthday present
20240119_082744.jpg (258.93 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
I have got one of the doors made and installed. I put a coat of shellac on it but will wait until the weather warms up before putting anything else on as I do not have a way to keep the fumes out of the house. I have all the wood cut for the other doors and just need to assemble them before I can add hardware and round over for installation. Once they are complete I can work on the shelving unit for on top.
door installed
door installed
20240202_110006.jpg (193.66 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
Brenda

1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

Wow!!! Coffee, anyone?
thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Post by thunderbirdbat »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:49 pm Wow!!! Coffee, anyone?
Actually it is tea. :) Everyone in the family drinks tea but only my husband drinks coffee. I am not sure why she decided to collect mugs. :confused:
Brenda

1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

thunderbirdbat wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:00 am Actually it is tea. :) Everyone in the family drinks tea but only my husband drinks coffee. I am not sure why she decided to collect mugs. :confused:
Brenda,

Fellow tea drinker here as well. Thanks for the storage/display inspiration. That is an eclectic assortment of mugs...very nice. My son and I are the major tea drinkers in our family and our mugs are unfortunately buried in a cabinet. I wish I had a good wall space in/near our kitchen that I could display them like that. Envious. Enjoy.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor