Urethane Bandsaws keep coming off

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Steve Mann
Bronze Member

urathane tires

Post by Steve Mann »

Thanks for the come-back. Have ordered a new set. By the way, did you dismount the wheels before instaling the tires?
Thanks
Steve
sconi
Silver Member

urethane tires

Post by sconi »

I don't know about anyone else but I left the wheels in place, but it does take some doing to get the new tires on, so close on several occasions but not quite there then bam, they were on. Well worth the investment in time, effort and money once it's done.
curly57
Gold Member

Urethane Bandsaw wheels

Post by curly57 »

I took mine off, seemed maybe a little easier setting down to do them. Plus while you have them off you can put some grease on the spindels.

Happy Woodworking and God Bless!!:D

Curly...

Urethane tires

Post by dlan603 »

I installed a new set today. Got to say so far not really impressed. The tires are smaller then the old rubber tires and make all of the blade adjustments unuseable. Also the tires don't fit the full width of the wheel and leave about 1/8" on one side or the other. I first put the tires all the way to the back installed my new 5/8 blade for resawing and the blade hung over the tire area. I had to reposition the rubber. Another adjustment I had to make the double bearing on the back side the blade no longer runs in that track it rides on top of the second bearing. Will let you know as time passes.
I am sure these are the right size bought them from Shopsmith really hard to put on after reading all of the other comments. I am going to contact Shopsmith on monday and findout if they are the wrong size.
I am new to the sight but am happy to share.

dlan603