Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

timco007
Bronze Member

Post by timco007 »

Good day. I’m recently retired & finally have the time to play in my shop. Through the years I’ve assembled a nice selection of shopsmith tools (520, bandsaw, jointer, speed reducer, power station) and I’ve browsed these forums to learn some tricks. My question is, how would I find other members who are near me? Sometimes it just helps to have someone put their eyes on an issue. Thank you
edma194
Platinum Member

Re: New member

Post by edma194 »

Now that you've joined and posted we'll see the location you entered in your profile in every post and somebody in the area might tell you, or you might notice someone else in Vancouver. I didn't fill out the location in my profile but somehow people manage to guess where I live anyway.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

"Ed from Rhode Island"

Somehow???
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

JPG wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:25 pm "Ed from Rhode Island"
Somehow???
Yeah, just one of those unexplained mysteries ;)
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

I'm in Cowichan Bay. PM me
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Those of us who have been here far too long may recall a certain banned forum member who reappeared under a different user id. In one of his posts he included a picture that in the back ground showed a rather unique house across the street. In another post he referenced an area behind his domicile. And in yet a third post he revealed the city/town.

Using google map and street view I located his neighbors house. I then did an about face and gazed upon his house and captured a screen shot of it.

Then I created a thread in the initial post and included the screen shot and the words "Found ya!" Blew what little mind he still had.

Big Bad Bob RIP!

BTW he was quite skilled at working wood.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange