Height of tubes from the floor

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Milaird
Bronze Member

Height of tubes from the floor

Post by Milaird »

I'm away from my shopsmith at the moment, but running a couple projects through my head and I haven't been able to find this info anywhere. I'm looking for how high off the floor the top tubes are. If a piece of plywood were attached to them how high would the table be? This is for Mark V 500
Thank you
BigSky
Gold Member

Re: Height of tubes from the floor

Post by BigSky »

On my Mark V Model 510, the top of the Way Tubes (upper tubes) is 30 3/4" above floor level (with wheels retracted).
Milaird
Bronze Member

Post by Milaird »

Thank you very much. I'm on a trip and thought it would be simple to find the number online.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

My Mark 7 (upgraded from a 520) is 30 3/4" with the wheels retracted. This is with the Double Tilt Bench Ends. Going from the conventional Bench Ends to the Double Tilt Bench Ends does not change this Way Tube Height from the floor. This should be the same for the Mark V 500, 510/505, 520, Mark 7 and Mark 4 since the bench parts for all these models are the same except the tube length of the Mark 4. This does not include the original Mark VII from the 1960's or the Mark 2 which had different benches.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.