Fractal vise

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

thunderbirdbat
Platinum Member

Re: Fractal vise

Post by thunderbirdbat »

BuckeyeDennis wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:28 pm And couldn’t help but think that it would be pretty darned easy to make on my CNC router. Now if I could just figure out why I might need one!
If you look around the internet, you may find the files already made to cut one on a CNC. I have seen where there was a mention of files for 3D printing one. My son was trying to figure out a use for one as well but he was thinking of printing one.
Brenda

1998 510 upgraded to a 520, upgraded to power pro with double tilt and lift assist.
1998 bandsaw
2016 beltsander
jointer
overarm pin router
roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

thunderbirdbat wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:46 pm
BuckeyeDennis wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:28 pm And couldn’t help but think that it would be pretty darned easy to make on my CNC router. Now if I could just figure out why I might need one!
If you look around the internet, you may find the files already made to cut one on a CNC. I have seen where there was a mention of files for 3D printing one. My son was trying to figure out a use for one as well but he was thinking of printing one.
You're both obviously forgetting the numerous times you needed to hold an adjustable wrench or a banana in a vise!

There used to be a seller on eBay that was selling 3D printed vises. If I remember correctly, they wanted somewhere around $100 for one.

There are several 3D models for printing on Thingiverse, https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=fr ... t=relevant.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Here's another fractal concept: The Fractal Chair

My butt can't wait.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER