Shopsmith's new website is up....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith's new website is up....

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:29 am Dusty, Alan,

Thanks. I have nothing to buy right now, but was just curious for the future. Just wondering if they give you different options for other shipping carriers or if you are still locked into Fedex (tends to be the most expensive) like in the past.
Yes, there some shipping options along with some payment plan options (including a short term option with no interest).

Do a bogus order to see for yourself. Just don't finalize it.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I am disappointed, to say the least, with the new website content. Specifically with fact that my purchase history is no longer available. Maybe it will come along later but until it does I am unhappy.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Again, I am disappointed with the new website. Well, I think I am. My issue may be within my own system.

I am unable to sent an email to Shopsmith (from their) Contact Us link. When I do attempt, the email is blocked and I get a warning (HTTP403).

Has anyone been able to email Shopsmith from the website.

UPDATE
I am now able to send email from within the Shopsmith website. Problem solved but I did nothing. The Shopsmith crew must be on it. Thank you to that crew.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

dusty wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:37 am I am disappointed, to say the least, with the new website content. Specifically with fact that my purchase history is no longer available. Maybe it will come along later but until it does I am unhappy.
I noted the same issue. I had to re-register and I don't think they will be linking my old account to my new.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

adrianpglover
Gold Member

Post by adrianpglover »

Was the 12" planer discontinued? I don't see it on the new website.
Mark 7 (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 12" planer (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 11" bandsaw | 4" jointer
Grizzly G1023RLWX (new 2013) | Grizzly G0583Z (new 2012) | DeWALT DW618PK
Oneida Dust Deputy (on 5g bucket bolted to a 10g oil drum, used only with planer & jointer)
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

adrianpglover wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:44 pm Was the 12" planer discontinued? I don't see it on the new website.
Interesting...one of their best SPT's and it isn't on the "new" website.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

dusty wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:37 am I am disappointed, to say the least, with the new website content. Specifically with fact that my purchase history is no longer available. Maybe it will come along later but until it does I am unhappy.
If you asked them, I'm thinking they could run a report from their data base and send you a copy of your history as of the website transition. Not quite as good seeing it on the new site, but at least the info wouldn't be lost to you. I didn't have an account, but I know that CS could look up my history because it was needed a couple of times for warranty discussion. (Side note - Now that I think about it, they evidently had my history for SS things I bought at Lowe's as well.)

- David
BigSky
Gold Member

Re: MAKE SUGGESTIONS to Shopsmith's new website

Post by BigSky »

Note that on the new website there is a place within "Contact Us" where you can make suggestions on how to further improve the new site. Menu>My Account>Dashboard>Website Suggestions

There are a couple other ways there. The challenge being "Learn to Navigate the Site".
adrianpglover
Gold Member

Post by adrianpglover »

All of the products in the "Shopsmith's Store" on Amazon are now "currently unavailable". Went there last night to see what the shipped price of a coupler was by itself and even though a picture would show up under the heading of "related searches", the product never showed up. Wanting to get a second coupler so I can run both the jointer and planer at the same time without changing setups.
Mark 7 (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 12" planer (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 11" bandsaw | 4" jointer
Grizzly G1023RLWX (new 2013) | Grizzly G0583Z (new 2012) | DeWALT DW618PK
Oneida Dust Deputy (on 5g bucket bolted to a 10g oil drum, used only with planer & jointer)
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

There is a temporary set-up issue with Amazon that we are working to resolve. This is making items show as currently unavailable.
Shopsmith I.T.