Shopsmith's new website is up....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

adrianpglover
Gold Member

Re: Shopsmith's new website is up....

Post by adrianpglover »

admin wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 am There is a temporary set-up issue with Amazon that we are working to resolve. This is making items show as currently unavailable.
Thanks for the quick response and explanation. I really wasn't expecting it.

Are there plans to offer more of the smaller accessory items on Amazon? Things like the miter slot t-nuts/bolts, the adjustable stop collar, extension table bracket set, quick index feed handle, etc?
Mark 7 (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 12" planer (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 11" bandsaw | 4" jointer
Grizzly G1023RLWX (new 2013) | Grizzly G0583Z (new 2012) | DeWALT DW618PK
Oneida Dust Deputy (on 5g bucket bolted to a 10g oil drum, used only with planer & jointer)
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

I'm not involved in the Amazon said, so can't really say. I know in general we'd like to expand the effort.
Shopsmith I.T.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Greater visibility there!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

JPG wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:37 pm Greater visibility there!
What do you mean "Greater Visibility".

"More viewers" - Yes. "More likey buyers"?????

FB--"Shopsmith Owners"...Yes!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
adrianpglover
Gold Member

Post by adrianpglover »

To be honest, I wasn't the buyer of my M7 & planer. My wife decided that I wouldn't ever spend that kind of money on myself, so she went and got a gift card to cover the amount. We actually had to call SS to let them know that no, it wasn't a typo.

Looking back, no, I still wouldn't have bought one for myself, but now that I have it, I wouldn't get rid of it or replace it with anything else. That being said, I'll likely never use the TS function of it, as my Grizzly is sitting right there ready to go at all times.

For me, the inclusion of many of the smaller SS accessories on Amazon means that I can put them on wish lists shared with my family (my mom and sisters) and they'll actually shop them for Christmas gifts vs putting them on my lists as "ideas" and they never give it a second glance. It's just that my family and I do so much business on Amazon that it's easy to make purchases through them. I'd also be more likely to go through and do it as well.

Speaking of wish lists, does the new SS website have a wish list feature?
Mark 7 (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 12" planer (new 2020 - pre-COVID) | 11" bandsaw | 4" jointer
Grizzly G1023RLWX (new 2013) | Grizzly G0583Z (new 2012) | DeWALT DW618PK
Oneida Dust Deputy (on 5g bucket bolted to a 10g oil drum, used only with planer & jointer)
benmcn
Gold Member

Post by benmcn »

I was trying to find the SPT serial number index that was on the old website, but couldn’t find it.
The serial number index for the Mark V’s and 5’s was on the new website.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the SPT serial number indexes? Or perhaps has been able to find the link to them?
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

Do you recall where it was located on the old site? I was unable to locate it on our old internal copy of the site.
Shopsmith I.T.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

adrianpglover wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:23 am To be honest, I wasn't the buyer of my M7 & planer. My wife decided that I wouldn't ever spend that kind of money on myself, so she went and got a gift card to cover the amount.
You have a wonderful wife and you better thank your lucky stars every day that she married you.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
benmcn
Gold Member

Post by benmcn »

admin wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:32 am Do you recall where it was located on the old site? I was unable to locate it on our old internal copy of the site.
I think this was the old link.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/faq/bandsaw.htm
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

benmcn,

I printed out copies of the monthly SPT's serial numbers several years ago when they were still accessible on the website. I have been recreating them on spreadsheets to make PDF's of them. The same as I did for the Mark 5/V including the one I call the lost numbers of 1962 through 1977. I don't have all of them done yet. Like the Mark 5/V monthly serial numbers there are many missing months. Are you looking for one for a specific SPT?
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.