Shopsmith's new website is up....

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

CPB
Silver Member

Shopsmith's new website is up....

Post by CPB »

I only looked around a little bit. Nothing too exciting, but my bookmarks no longer work, so I'll have to sort that out.
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Re: Shopsmith's new website is up....

Post by HopefulSSer »

There's a link where you can download a printed catalog. How does that work?
IMG_8849.png
IMG_8849.png (217.22 KiB) Viewed 1226621 times
Last edited by HopefulSSer on Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

HopefulSSer wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:10 am There's a link where you can download a printed catalog. How did that work?IMG_8849.png
HA! Too funny. :D
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Either a lot of products have been discontinued or it is still a work in progress.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

CPB wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:09 pm I only looked around a little bit. Nothing too exciting, but my bookmarks no longer work, so I'll have to sort that out.
If you have a can let me know the pages, I can check on adding them to the list of links we need to redirect to different locations on the new site.

Admin
Shopsmith I.T.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

algale wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:39 am Either a lot of products have been discontinued or it is still a work in progress.
I hate that links are breaking. It means that many/all of the old forum posts many of us did referring to a particular part or other section of the website are all lost now. Clearly this forum is NOT a priority for the mothership. Expect to get A LOT of "404" errors indicating links from this forum to the main site are not found now as I already discovered this morning.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

RFGuy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:29 am
algale wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:39 am Either a lot of products have been discontinued or it is still a work in progress.
I hate that links are breaking. It means that many/all of the old forum posts many of us did referring to a particular part or other section of the website are all lost now. Clearly this forum is NOT a priority for the mothership. Expect to get A LOT of "404" errors indicating links from this forum to the main site are not found now as I already discovered this morning.
I would have agreed earlier this morning but after playing for awhile I found a lot of what I was looking for. This is a new rollout so let's cut them some slack for a couple weeks.

One thing I miss already is Order Status.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:40 am I would have agreed earlier this morning but after playing for awhile I found a lot of what I was looking for. This is a new rollout so let's cut them some slack for a couple weeks.

One thing I miss already is Order Status.
Dusty,

What I am talking about are links embedded in forum posts where one of us refers someone to a particular part number or diagram, etc. on the main site. I found some that are already broken by this. For example, when someone comes back and pulls up a forum post where a topic is discussed - any time we embedded a web link to the main Shopsmith website to make it easier for someone to find a product to purchase from Shopsmith, those links are ALL not going to work now. Below is just one example. Go to the link below and try clicking on David's link to the Shopsmith website for the casters. How many times have one of us come back to find a particular service part link in an old forum post? I know I have many times, but now all of those links are lost to time because the entire website has been replaced.

viewtopic.php?p=306877#p306877

Here is another example, where you tried to help someone by referencing the conical disc. All previous links that went to the old Shopsmith main site are now broken, so any parts, service diagrams, product references will not work today. Any forum member that stumbles on a thread when searching for a particular problem on their Shopsmith equipment will be met with "404 : Not Found" errors.

viewtopic.php?p=302336#p302336
📶RF Guy

RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Also, has anyone found the parts diagrams on the new website? For example, links like the one below no longer work. I always used the parts list and parts diagrams for the headstock and complete system all the time to reference. Can no longer access them.

https://www.shopsmith.com/service/heads ... iagram.htm
📶RF Guy

HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

On mobile it's Menu->Parts then by product. But if you then select Mark V it shows only the base not the headstock, tables, etc. I suspect that's an error, not intentional.

EDIT: If you select Mark 4 you get this:
IMG_8850.png
IMG_8850.png (258.92 KiB) Viewed 1226566 times
So still a work in progress. There needs to be a similar thing under Mark V and there needs to be a placeholder for the conventional headstock in addition to the PowerPro
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466