Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

CPB
Silver Member

Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Post by CPB »

I saw on one of the Shopsmith Facebook groups that they're having free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27.

I've seen Shopsmith's list of the most frequently ordered service parts but I don't need any of those. What other small parts would you put on a list of things to order? Not necessarily service parts, but just parts that would be useful to have on hand, like tee nuts.
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Post by JPG »

Might be a good idea to reread the 'three day extension' re free shipping.

You can purchase a gen 2 headstock or upgrade and EITHER get free shipping or pick it up and get $ off.

Not precisely stated, but that is what I conclude.

Assuming we be gandering at the same adv blurb.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
CPB
Silver Member

Re: Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Post by CPB »

The post I saw was made by a SS employee and didn't have anything to do with the Power Pro. This one:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6844615 ... 929803037/

This thread has been viewed over 80 times and no one has any ideas for a small parts order?
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Hmmm, "Shopsmith employee", Facebook??? If this was a true SS thing why wouldn't all of us that get regular SS sale emails have gotten this in an official email?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

It's legit
IMG_8950.png
IMG_8950.png (563.99 KiB) Viewed 53114 times
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

OK, I still wonder why we didn't get an email from SS on Mike's webinar. We always have in the past. To the point, you have to participate in the webinar to get the free shipping (freight?) on things promoted on the webinar. Sounds like the free freight/shipping on the MK7 that we have seen in recent emails. I don't think you can't just go on the web site and order things.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
CPB
Silver Member

What should be on a list of small parts to order?

Post by CPB »

That isn't the post. I said it didn't have anything to do with the Power Pro. Her name is Renee Blake. If you don't use Facebook then I guess it'll remain a mystery.

Regardless of whether the S&H is free or not, what small parts would you put on a list of things to order? I'd like to get a few tee nuts, but would like some input on whatever else might be useful to have on hand.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

1) Maybe some T-Posts in addition to the T-Nuts you mentioned.
2) I like the fence mounted featherboard, though I later went to stock guides. (Assumes a fence with a T-slot on top, 510/520 or upgraded 500 fence.)
3) The new Poly-V belts are intriguing. Reportedly less slip so allows less tension. This is especially beneficial in theory for PowerPro, which has two Poly-V belts and the new style Idler which seems susceptible to heat and load.
4) Router chuck(s) if you don't have one.
5) Saw arbor(s). But these are frequently on sale as included with a new blade. Also currently included with those 5/8" specialty blades SS sells, which includes a plywood blade.

Also depends on what model and other SS equipment you have. I don't really think of the free shipping as one of the best deals, but it is popular.

- David
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

jsburger wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:36 pm OK, I still wonder why we didn't get an email from SS on Mike's webinar. We always have in the past. To the point, you have to participate in the webinar to get the free shipping (freight?) on things promoted on the webinar. Sounds like the free freight/shipping on the MK7 that we have seen in recent emails. I don't think you can't just go on the web site and order things.
Did you hear anything about the 2X4 contest? Scott mentioned it on My Growth Rings, my wife found it on FaceBook, don't know if they've reported it anywhere else.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

edma194 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:43 am
jsburger wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:36 pm OK, I still wonder why we didn't get an email from SS on Mike's webinar. We always have in the past. To the point, you have to participate in the webinar to get the free shipping (freight?) on things promoted on the webinar. Sounds like the free freight/shipping on the MK7 that we have seen in recent emails. I don't think you can't just go on the web site and order things.
Did you hear anything about the 2X4 contest? Scott mentioned it on My Growth Rings, my wife found it on FaceBook, don't know if they've reported it anywhere else.
Not that I recall.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT