Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

sawdustfun
Silver Member

Re: Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Post by sawdustfun »

Thanks a bunch David. Happy Thanksgiving
thedovetailjoint
Gold Member

Re: Free shipping 11/24 thru 11/27. What should be on a list of small parts to buy?

Post by thedovetailjoint »

edma194 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:43 am Did you hear anything about the 2X4 contest? Scott mentioned it on My Growth Rings, my wife found it on FaceBook, don't know if they've reported it anywhere else.

Ed, the contest is being conducted by the Facebook group, so it's unlikely that you'll hear about it anywhere else. Join the group and get in on the contest. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2644593 ... tid=S66gvF
http://www.Youtube.com/user/MyGrowthRings
http://Shopsmith-Tool-Hunter.Blogspot.com
http://www.Tool-Hunter.com
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

sawdustfun,

Since the Power Stand has returned you may be able to get a set of 4 legs from Shopsmith. They may have different part numbers now than the earlier Power Stand. With this thought in mind the older manual's parts drawings and parts lists may not be of any help for the current part numbers. You would have to contact Customer Service for assistance as suggested on the website. You would need to call them today (Friday) or Monday for the free shipping.

I am curious as to what you are going to build the rest of a storage stand out of and how it would look. You may find other options for the legs. Shopsmith has used legs similar to the Power Stand for other items through the years. The legs on my Accessory Stand (see below) made may years ago are similar to the legs on my Pro Planer and similar to the legs on my Power Stations. Depending on how you are going to build a storage stand even the legs on my Mark 2 could work and all of these use the retractable casters if that is something you plan to include in your design. Legs of tool stands from other companies may also suit your needs.

_
Accessory Stand - Bandsaws.jpg
Accessory Stand - Bandsaws.jpg (198.04 KiB) Viewed 13918 times
For anyone curious the Bandsaws are from left to right are a restored 1956 Greenie, a 1960's Magna American Goldie and a 1998 that has been upgraded.

For those who noticed, Yes, the center Mounting Base is rotated 90 degrees from its original position.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I would be taking advantage of free shipping if only I could complete an order online. I have been trying for two days to order items needed to setup a lathe configuration (post, tool rest, etc). Would like to just give up but the items are needed to complete a Christmas gift. So much for free shipping.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

Call them
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Dusty,

I just placed an order online for some parts I need to restore a Mark 5 Goldie and had no problem including getting free shipping. This is the first order I have placed since the website changed and found it does work for me. I don't understand why you are having trouble trying to place an order. Could it be a conflict with an operating system or security software? I use a laptop with Windows as the operating system.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.