Need Size Of Set Screw For Collar Assembly

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

RacineSteel
Bronze Member

Need Size Of Set Screw For Collar Assembly

Post by RacineSteel »

I own a 1959 Magna Shopsmith. Thanks to heathicus, I was able to get the parts list for that saw. I need to remove the Collar Assembly Part # 700021. In order to do that I need the hex size of the Set Screw Part # 1017. I failed to find that info at Shopsmith.com. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, RacineSteel
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Need Size Of Set Screw For Collar Assembly

Post by JPG »

"Shop"smith or "Saw"smith?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RacineSteel
Bronze Member

Post by RacineSteel »

Sorry Sawsmith. Running on little sleep.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

In a later Parts list and Drawings (from 11-64 after the part numbers changed), it lists that set screw as P/N 222460 and is 5/16"-18 x 3/8" flat point. Unless it is a special set screw it would use a 5/32" Allen Wrench. In an earlier Parts List and Drawings Reference # 2 and part number 1017 only says set screw.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
RacineSteel
Bronze Member

Post by RacineSteel »

Thanks chapmanruss. I appreciate the help. It must be a special set screw because the 5/32 from the Magna is too big. Looks like a 1/8 inch. I needed to cut my 1/8 inch Allen shorter to reach the set screw & I removed the Collar Assembly. That still did not get me close enough to install the saw guard. I will have to get back to Shopsmith tech support and ask how they said the 5/8 arbor will work for my Magna, since I cannot install the guard.