What have you purchased from Shopsmith recently?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: What have you purchased from Shopsmith recently?

Post by dusty »

Discouraging. VERY

I have spent about $600 in the past few weeks and none of what I bought shows up on the new web site.

I am setting up a 520 equipped Mark V Model 520 so as to be able to turn. Had none of the turning accessories. Also bought the new Nova setup.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

dusty wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:12 am Discouraging. VERY
I take your point. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm sure there are other members who bought things who just don't care to comment about their purchases.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

algale wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:39 am
dusty wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:12 am Discouraging. VERY
I take your point. But I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm sure there are other members who bought things who just don't care to comment about their purchases.
I really had no point. I was intending only to answer your question. What have I purchased from Shopsmith recently? I have no wood working projects in process. This is very rare for me. I am accustomed to dumping a bag of saw dust about every two weeks. Have not done that in well over two months. Age coupled with shop safety being the major factor.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
admin
Gold Member

Post by admin »

I am testing a page to show order history (requires that the person is logged into the new website and has verified their email address).
If you'd like to help test it, the link is https://shopsmith.com/order-history

Thanks
Shopsmith I.T.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

admin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:19 pm I am testing a page to show order history (requires that the person is logged into the new website and has verified their email address).
If you'd like to help test it, the link is https://shopsmith.com/order-history

Thanks
Gives me an error message that I have to be signed in. Logged in on the My Account page and then it worked fine.
Did I miss a login link on the original page? Other than the error message I don't see any indication whether I'm logged in or not. When you have the time you might want to put the logged in username or a login link on every page.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

The order status still shows "Processing" on several orders I have already received.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I posted yesterday.
I ordered several parts for a Goldie I am restoring plus Bandsaw parts on November 23 through the online system.
The order still, as of this post, has a status of Processing.

I am posting this as there seem to be a problem with the system. My order has not only been shipped it was delivered. This isn't the only problem though. It was delivered to my old address on or before last Monday December 11th. Fortunately, porch pirates hadn't gotten it and my daughter checked the box when passing by our old house earlier today. Our old house is currently vacant as the buyers are planning to tear it down and build two new houses. The address on the box was my old address but the shipping address on the paperwork is my new/current address.

Anyone expecting an order from Shopsmith and have moved recently should check to see if it went to the wrong address.

I will be contacting Customer Service tomorrow to find out why this happened and to keep it from happening again. I should note this is not the first order I have made since moving but is the first through the new website.

UPDATE December 19th 9:41 AM Pacific time

I have talked to Customer Service and they will be looking into it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

To follow up on my Scroll Saw manual, Adriana emailed me a .pdf the other day. I can print my own hardcopy of course, but I'd expect a printed version after paying for it. I hope they can work out some policy to make manuals available for free online. I did not buy this saw from Shopsmith, but I will be buying parts just like with all the other previously owned Shopsmith machines I own.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

edma194 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:38 pm To follow up on my Scroll Saw manual, Adriana emailed me a .pdf the other day. I can print my own hardcopy of course, but I'd expect a printed version after paying for it. I hope they can work out some policy to make manuals available for free online. I did not buy this saw from Shopsmith, but I will be buying parts just like with all the other previously owned Shopsmith machines I own.
Yeah, it really is non-sensical to me. I know we have discussed this topic before on this forum. In just about every industry, every manufacturer has product manuals online and often in pdf format. I really don't understand what Shopsmith thinks they accomplish by NOT making them available to ALL owners for free in this manner on their website. Just from a product liability and fending off litigation standpoint, manuals should be as easily accessible and free to all owners, whether they bought a Shopsmith product direct from the manufacturer or from the used market. Readily available product manuals can save lives and digits so it is in their best interest to make them free and easily accessible to all.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
delong94
Gold Member

Post by delong94 »

I ordered some drum sander sleeves that were on sale recently during their Black Friday sale along with a shaper insert for my table. Both were sent to an address I used about 10 years ago when I was still in the military...Apparently a glitch in their new system. Customer service eventually sent out a replacement to my current address.