What have you purchased from Shopsmith recently?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

algale
Platinum Member

What have you purchased from Shopsmith recently?

Post by algale »

In my personal efforts to keep Shopsmith afloat, I have recently made my first new purchases from Shopsmith in some time:

1. A replacement part for the oscillating drum sander (essentially a length of braided steel wire with loops at the ends).
2. Some 6" ceramic sanding belts on sale. (FYI, color of ceramic belts no longer gray but reddish)
3. 3 pairs of 48" wood bars for the Shopsmith double bar clamps (for a project). I really like that they started selling the bars separate from the hardware. I don't need the hardware, because I bought three pairs of 24" bar clamps several years ago that came with hardware and the hardware can be switched back and forth between different length wood bars.
EDIT: Ooops, forgot, I also bought some stop collars!!!!

Curious what everyone else is buying these days?
Last edited by algale on Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

edma194
Platinum Member

Re: What have you purchased from Shopsmith recently?

Post by edma194 »

A Chisel Sharpening Guide and a manual for the Teal Blue Scrollsaw. The sharpening guide came, and they sent the manual for the old Gray Scrollsaw that I already had. Now over a month later and after 2 phone calls where I was told the right manual would be mailed immediately I still haven't received it and will be calling again tomorrow.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
HopefulSSer
Gold Member

Post by HopefulSSer »

Bandsaw table upgrade kit
Greenie SN 362819 (upgraded to 510), Bandsaw 106878, Jointer SS16466
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

The oscillating drum sander add-on and a 6" sanding drum. I haven't used them yet, though. Also a replacement feed motor for my Pro Planer. The list of Shopsmith stuff that I want, but don't already own, is now vanishingly small.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

I ordered several parts for a Goldie I am restoring plus Bandsaw parts on November 23 through the online system.

algale, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for in this thread. The order as of now has a status of Processing. I did it through the online system and at the time some had reported problems doing that. As for when it will ship, I don't know but I am not in a hurry for it since the restoration has a lot of work to be done still. Besides I have a Model 10ER, a Model 10 Jig Saw, a Model 4E Jointer, 3 Bandsaws and a Belt Sander to restore also so plenty to keep me busy and maybe a few more parts to get.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
CreekWood
Gold Member

Post by CreekWood »

I ordered the bearing upgrade for my squalling bandsaw. Came quick. Trying to find time to get back into the shop and quieten that beast down.
Mark V 500 upgraded to 520
Delta 36-725 TS
Kobalt Sliding Miter Saw
Bosch 1617EVS & Router Table
Craftsman 351.23371 Planer
Performax 16-32 Thickness Sander (finally tracking right!)
...and a growing collection of traditional hand tools.
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

Bearing replacement kit for the bandsaw. Runs much quieter now. Also new bandsaw tires which I have not tried yet.
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

chapmanruss wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:19 pm algale, I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for in this thread.
Just curiosity, plain and simple.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

My big item was a Universal Tool Rest, the version without rests. I also picked up a set of the "new" version PowerPro belts, ANOTHER PP Idler shaft, plywood blade which included an arbor, and a wedge lock Lock lever for 510+ carriage (which I had somehow broken unlocking the carriage). I haven't used any of it, as I'm engaged in a metalwork DIY project. All ordered on the new web site, only 'issue' was I couldn't figure out how to select the correct version of free/included arbor for the blade.

I might be overly optimistic, but I'm hoping to see longer PP Idler bearing life via lower temperature from grippier belts that in turn allow less belt tension. But whether the new belts actually run create less heat remains an unknown in my mind.

- David
twistsol
Gold Member

Post by twistsol »

A set of dust covers for all my SS possessions, but that was nearly three years ago. Before that it was a pair of 520 upgrade kits in 2018.
Thanks much,

Chris Phelps
Cheap tools are too expensive
2x Mark 5 520 and a 10ER