JPG
Platinum Member

Re: FORUM LINKS

Post by JPG »

NO, [showpost] is a new variation.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

admin wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:12 pm The above link https://shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewtopi ... he#p265642 should now work.

Earlier I had added a redirect for /ss_forum, this one needed a redirect for /ss_forum/viewtopic.php (everything after the ? is a pass through).
If you spot others, let me know and I'll add them.
ADMIN,

We've got broken links again. Past forum threads that we asked you to fix, were briefly fixed, and now they are returning a "File not found." error. Please investigate. Try clicking the link above. Thanks.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

RFGuy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:46 am
DLB wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:07 pm
RFGuy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:58 pm Would like to understand how they fixed some links in past threads and not others. I gave an example above. Can someone else take a look and confirm? For me, the link to my past thread gives a 404 Error. Thanks.
Yes, I get a 404 Error on that link also. (https://shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewtopi ... he#p265642)

- David
David, JPG, ADMIN,

Thanks. I can confirm that the link issue I reported is now fixed. Much appreciated. I will poke around and see if I can find any other bad links on past threads. IF I do, I will report them. Thanks again.
ADMIN,

We have broken links again. The link discussed above was previously fixed by ADMIN, but now it is broken again. Past forum threads now have broken links again and clicking them gives a "File not found." error. Please investigate. Thanks.
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Does every one know that PMs (private messages) can be directed right to ADMIN.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

dusty wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:59 pm Does every one know that PMs (private messages) can be directed right to ADMIN.
Dusty,

Thanks. I didn't know, but my Inbox for PM is perpetually full here so that is a problem for me. No one ever pointed me to the rules for contacting ADMIN here.
📶RF Guy

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

RFGuy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:53 pm
dusty wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:59 pm Does every one know that PMs (private messages) can be directed right to ADMIN.
Dusty,

Thanks. I didn't know, but my Inbox for PM is perpetually full here so that is a problem for me. No one ever pointed me to the rules for contacting ADMIN here.
Go to your in box and delete the messages..
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Does everyone know that this thread is actually about discussing broken links on this forum after the new Shopsmith website was launched? That is the whole purpose of this thread. Instead we nitpick about how to contact ADMIN. Tsk Tsk.
📶RF Guy

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Well Duh, ADMIN is the one that can fix it. JMO but it seems to me that being able to contact ADMIN directly is the best way to hopefully get a problem fixed. You can discuss all you want on various threads that many times go off the rails vis-a-vis the thread subject. ADMIN has more to do than wade through all the threads on the forum looking for discussions about their broken web site.

If you don't want to contact ADMIN directly on a problem and let them know why even discuss the problem in the first place?
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

PM sent to Admin with viewtopic.php?p=313370#p313370
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rpd
Platinum Member

Post by rpd »

I have noticed broken links too.
My guess was that for backward continuity Shopsmith had maintained the old Shopsmith.net domain even though it was not currently in use, and at some point, recently, had given it up
On my desktop I found that by editing the .net in the broken links to .com they then worked. No so easy to do on a phone or tablet.
Ron Dyck
==================================================================
10ER #23430, 10ER #84609, 10ER #94987,two SS A-34 jigsaws for 10ER.
1959 Mark 5 #356595 Greenie, SS Magna Jointer, SS planer, SS bandsaw, SS scroll saw (gray), DC3300,