Model 10 attachments for sale

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Bb1
Bronze Member

Model 10 attachments for sale

Post by Bb1 »

Hello all:
I was just informed by a couple of the esteemed members here that a couple of attachments I got with my 510 are actually for the model 10 series.
As I have no use for them I have them available for sale, make me an offer keeping in mind I am in southern B.C. Canada, close to the Washington state border at Osoyoos/Oroville.

1st up is a Magna jointer in excellent shape, no cracks, knives like new, looks like very little use is any, comes with the fence
unnamed (47).jpg
unnamed (47).jpg (203.43 KiB) Viewed 70755 times
unnamed (48).jpg
unnamed (48).jpg (166.61 KiB) Viewed 70755 times
and table extension

next is a SS jigsaw complete again in like new condition
unnamed (46).jpg
unnamed (46).jpg (165.33 KiB) Viewed 70755 times
Would like to see them in use again instead of sitting here so if you can use them offer me a few bucks or am certainly open to trade for Mark V accessories etc.

Thanks, Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Model 10 attachments for sale

Post by JPG »

Well intended, but, the sponsor does not approve of using the forum as a trading post. That said, all future activity re these items should be conducted via Private Message feature.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Bb1
Bronze Member

Post by Bb1 »

Sorry, didn't know that, my apologies.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

There's a Heads Up- Bargain 'available' thread here in the Community forum where members post current ads for Shopsmith equipment. If you place an ad in your local Craig's List someone may list it there. I don't know if it's good form to list it there yourself. You might want to part out these items on eBay. They're heavy tools so shipping them out of your local area would make the price for entire tools prohibitive, and you might make just as much money from just a few valuable individual parts.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

JPG wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:31 am Well intended, but, the sponsor does not approve of using the forum as a trading post.
That was reportedly true of the old sponsor, but there's a new sheriff in town. Do we know Mr. Cupps feelings on this issue?

Also, while that policy makes sense when the item is one Shopsmith currently sells, it has never made sense to me in so far as 10E, 10ER, old Mark VII, Sawsmith, and other discontinued products go. If Shopsmith no longer sells, supports or provides a direct replacement/substitute for the item, sales on the forum would not be taking money away from Shopsmith.

Perhaps @admin could ask Mr. Cupps if he's willing to let this forum do some limited selling/trading along those lines.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

algale wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:58 am Also, while that policy makes sense when the item is one Shopsmith currently sells, it has never made sense to me in so far as 10E, 10ER, old Mark VII, Sawsmith, and other discontinued products go. If Shopsmith no longer sells, supports or provides a direct replacement/substitute for the item, sales on the forum would not be taking money away from Shopsmith.
That is a sensible policy for parts and products that Shopsmith no longer sells. I hope that will be considered.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Aside from competition issues, there is the liability issue.

P.S. I agree obsolete parts s/b reasonably permitted.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

JPG wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:28 pm Aside from competition issues, there is the liability issue.

P.S. I agree obsolete parts s/b reasonably permitted.
That's more a theoretical concern than a real one. In any event, it could be handled with the terms of use.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

There are lots of outlets to sell stuff. Do we really want to open up the forum to an eBay type of selling outlet. All manner of people that have SS stuff to sell that they don't know what they have?

This is a nice friendly quiet place. Heads Up- Bargain 'available' is enough IMO.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

jsburger wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:04 pm There are lots of outlets to sell stuff. Do we really want to open up the forum to an eBay type of selling outlet. All manner of people that have SS stuff to sell that they don't know what they have?

This is a nice friendly quiet place. Heads Up- Bargain 'available' is enough IMO.
Fair point of view. Definitely friendly here. Definitely quiet too. Too quiet these days.