Late xmas gift for my best friend

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

lew
Gold Member

Late xmas gift for my best friend

Post by lew »

Needs a couple more coats of finish and I'm waiting for the figure eight clips to attach the top to come in, but all in all a good use of some leftover wood.
IMG_1236.jpg
IMG_1236.jpg (388.43 KiB) Viewed 48271 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Late xmas gift for my best friend

Post by JPG »

:D Nice looking two holer!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rcsaylor
Silver Member

Post by rcsaylor »

Looks Great! My wife has been after me for years to build one for our dog to replace the cheap plastic one we have.
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

Cool! Really nice detail on that.

I need a 3-holer for my 2 dogs - 2 foods, 1 water. The water is tricky because of my crazy Husky who likes to wash his paws and also fling water from his soaking wet hairy legs at the other dog and we're trying to discourage that as indoor activity. But thanks Lew, you have inspired me.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
Matanuska
Gold Member

Post by Matanuska »

lew wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:51 pm Needs a couple more coats of finish and I'm waiting for the figure eight clips to attach the top to come in, but all in all a good use of some leftover wood.

IMG_1236.jpg
That’s a nice clean design well done. Is that oak? How did you join the legs with the skirt and top?
1985 Mark V upgraded to 520 PowerPro. Shopsmith cast iron table bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, and 60's vintage 610 jigsaw SPT's. Makita 2040 15" planer, JessEm Mast-R-Lift II router table.
lew
Gold Member

Post by lew »

Thanks. The wood is white oak. The legs and skirt joinery is dowels, it was my first time using the jessem dowel jig I treated myself to. The top will be attached with figure eight fasteners once they come in.

The design is largely based on free plans from thewoodwhisperer.com site.
Matanuska
Gold Member

Post by Matanuska »

I’ll check it out - thanks
1985 Mark V upgraded to 520 PowerPro. Shopsmith cast iron table bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, and 60's vintage 610 jigsaw SPT's. Makita 2040 15" planer, JessEm Mast-R-Lift II router table.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Very nicely done!
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

roy_okc
Platinum Member

Post by roy_okc »

Nice EurekaZone setup. I'm sure your friend will forgive you since they are the best boy/girl and will appreciate your hard work making such a nice piece of furniture for them.
Roy

Mark V/510, Mark V/500 with parts for 510 upgrade, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, DC3300 w/1 micron bag
Sawstop 3HP 36" PCS w/router table insert
Home designed and built CNC router, another CNC router :D desktop size
CNCed G0704 milling machine
Laser engraver
Way too much other stuff and not enough space :rolleyes:
lew
Gold Member

Post by lew »

That and she thinks everyday is Christmas. Good eye, picking up on the Eurekazone, I have a love/hate relationship with it, mostly around work piece holding, but I make do.