Tissue Box Cover

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

edflorence
Platinum Member

Tissue Box Cover

Post by edflorence »

A few weeks ago my wife found a woven fabric tissue box cover and decided she also wanted one made of wood and asked if I could come up with something. My initial thought was to make it out of red cedar so I could try out the Japanese burned wood style of finishing. But, I really liked the look of the wood after planing it, so I went with a water based poly finish instead. Kind of thinking an oil/wax finish like Odie's would have worked better. Live and learn. Still, she was happy with the end result, so we can call it a win.
tissue box cover.jpg
tissue box cover.jpg (46.9 KiB) Viewed 34864 times
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Re: Tissue Box Cover

Post by nuhobby »

It's a great project!
Matanuska
Gold Member

Post by Matanuska »

Nice - I’m glad she liked it! I made one out of red oak and asked my wife where she wanted to put it & she said it would be perfect in my shop (!). It’s been very handy.
Attachments
IMG_2146.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg (446.01 KiB) Viewed 34530 times
1985 Mark V upgraded to 520 PowerPro. Shopsmith cast iron table bandsaw, jointer, belt sander, and 60's vintage 610 jigsaw SPT's. Makita 2040 15" planer, JessEm Mast-R-Lift II router table.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Wonder if there is a sublime message there? :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

I’ve been there done that, more than once🤪