Jointer guard upgrade template

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

GarthS
Silver Member

Jointer guard upgrade template

Post by GarthS »

The fence guard return spring in my old SS jointer broke in the middle of a project so I decided to upgrade the fence. I received the package last night only to find the drill template missing. Does anyone have a pdf version? I wanted to upgrade it this weekend so I could get back to the project.
Garth S
Mark VIi
MARK V 500
Mark V shorty
Scroll saw, belt sander, jointer, bandsaw, strip sander
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: Jointer guard upgrade template

Post by chapmanruss »

If you are looking for the Template to mark the spot to drill the additional hole for the Feather Guard Upgrade, it is available to download for free here on the Shopsmith Website. Under Learning on the main page look under Resources then click on Manuals & Information. Look down the list for the Jointer Feather Guard Upgrade Template to download. The Jointer Feather Guard Upgrade Literature can also be downloaded from there too.

If you are looking for the Jointer Guard and Dust Collection Upgrade Kit Instructions it is listed there too but unfortunately the link is currently
404: Not Found.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
GarthS
Silver Member

Post by GarthS »

Thanks Russ, I looked but could not find it.
Garth S
Mark VIi
MARK V 500
Mark V shorty
Scroll saw, belt sander, jointer, bandsaw, strip sander
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange