Trying to get an idea of value on shopsmith

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Mamanome
Bronze Member

Trying to get an idea of value on shopsmith

Post by Mamanome »

Hello, I am very new here and to a shopsmith. My father purchased a spanking at an auction several years ago. He has never used it. I know nothing about it other than it's in the garage. I am trying to find the value of if there is any interest for it in this group. He is located in Ohio in the U.S. the numbers I have found on it are as follows. Model ER SERIAL ER49681. There is also a number of TPF2514A Serial 75X on it with magma 104-8R or BR on that part. Can anyone give me some type of worth or interest in this machine? Please and Thank you!
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Trying to get an idea of value on shopsmith

Post by JPG »

Can I assume YOU are NOT a current resident of the US?

Spanking was a clue?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Mamanome,

This is not the place to be selling your father's Shopsmith. He should do that locally as they are costly to ship. A complete Shopsmith Model 10E or 10ER as it came from the factory weighed around 200 pounds and that is without a bench.

What he has is a Shopsmith Model 10ER, even though the Logo/Serial Number Plate only says ER. Why is a whole story in itself. The serial number indicates it was made in the Eastern Plant in late 1951 or early 1952. Sorry, there are no records of when a given serial number was sold.

As for value that would depend on several factors. Condition, how complete it is, additional accessories and even location all determine how much it can sell for. What it could sell for in Ohio may be more, the same or even less than what it may sell for near me.

Even though these tools were sold between late 1947 through 1953 they are still of interest to many old tool users.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Where in Oh?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange