Jointer Knives

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Thomschuck
Gold Member

Re: Jointer Knives

Post by Thomschuck »

Sorry I was away. I have health issues. YES! I have been doing plywood work. I dont remember if I ran them thru my jointer or not. Sorry I disappeared. They put me in the hospital for a couple of days. Ok so somehow I messed up my new knives. I will shift them up a bit. I will probably buy new knives and then hone these up. Dang! You are correct about the spacing of the lines of plywood. That is a very good catch. Thank You! Russ, thanks a bunch as well. Yes I am up. Well I was up. I crashed my powerchair in Summer Lake Park. I went off the small bridge. Ok, so how do I hone my knives? Really!! I will look it up but I have learned to ask. I try to save energy every chance I get. Thanks for all the help. Ok. Move on. Before I leave let me tell you all a funny story. I live in pain. I take lots of pain meds. I NEVER use a power tool when I have meds in. Bridge City Tools had a HUGE sale. It was late and I got a hold of my credit card. I ordered just about everything one could order. I even bought a new tool box. I went back to sleep and forgot all about it. Several days later tools started showing up. I mean A LOT of tools. I had no idea who was buying me such nice tools. Then at 3am I sat up in bed and went OH S#@!!. I looked at my credit card online. OH BOY! I know have credit card debt. I truly laughed my butt off. My wife??? Not so much. DO NOT DO DRUGS! Thank You!
Thom Schuck

SS Model 5 500 Completely Restored
SS Bandsaw Completely Restored
SS Jointer Completly Restored
SS Biscuit Cutter
Rikon Low Speed Grinder W/Wolverine jig
Kreg Tool TrackHorse X 2 + Kreg Tool Project Center with 35 Kreg Tool Clamps
11 Systematic Blades of every configuration
Bosch/Mikita handheld power tools plus every hand tool in the book.
Ulmia Chisel sets X 3
Permobile Custom RideForward Powerchair
Complete set of registered # NASA X-15 Custom Tools W/Ownership certificate
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

With the joiner it is fairly easy to hone the blades with them mounted.(I said hone, not sharpen).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Thom,

I sent you a direct email with a PDF copy of a Jointer Manual with honing instructions.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.