Shopsmith Miter Pro

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

BillS2024
Bronze Member

Shopsmith Miter Pro

Post by BillS2024 »

Can anyone tell me if the Shopsmith Miter Pro will work on a 500 table?
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Shopsmith Miter Pro

Post by JPG »

Yes
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

BillS2024,

Welcome to the Shopsmith Forum.

As JPG said, Yes. It slides in the Miter slot on the Table and ALL Mark models have the same size Miter slot. The difference in the Miter slot is later models of the Mark V (510/505 & 520) plus the new Mark 7 and Mark 4 have the same larger Main Table with a "T" track slot. If you don't have an Owner's Manual it can be found at the link below from here on the Shopsmith website.

https://shopsmith.com/wp-content/upload ... 6-FREE.pdf
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

Been working great on my 500 for years. It is a great jig. Just a couple of details you will need to attend to: Make sure the 500 is aligned as perfectly as you can get it and then take the time to make sure the right angle center of the Miter Pro is adjusted snug up to the blade you will be using. Also, depending on the size of the picture frame, you may need to rig up an extension piece on the right side of the main table. I clamp a straight edged 1x2 about 18 inches long to the main table.
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

" the right angle center of the Miter Pro is adjusted snug up to the blade you will be using".

? ? ?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

JPG wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:08 pm " the right angle center of the Miter Pro is adjusted snug up to the blade you will be using".

? ? ?
I think he's talking about the alignment procedure shown in the manual Russ linked to. He probably meant to write 'right angle corner'.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

When all else fails, RTM.

Thanks for that reminder!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

edflorence
Platinum Member

Post by edflorence »

edma194 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:17 pm
JPG wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:08 pm " the right angle center of the Miter Pro is adjusted snug up to the blade you will be using".

? ? ?
I think he's talking about the alignment procedure shown in the manual Russ linked to. He probably meant to write 'right angle corner'.
Exactly right. I guess I knew what I was talking about :p
Ed
Idaho Panhandle
Mark 5 of various vintages, Mini with reversing motor, bs, dc3300, jointer, increaser, decreaser
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

edflorence wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:43 pm
edma194 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:17 pm

? ? ?
Exactly right. I guess I knew what I was talking about :p

Never any doubt about that!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝