Local Shopsmith User Group Meeting

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

lv2wdwrk wrote:Has anyone heard from Nick regarding the podcast?

I check his website almost daily and there has been nothing.

Yesterday morning I read about a Wright Flyer which crashed in the Dayton area. I e-mailed Nick to see if this was his plane. I do know he has been busy in other endeavors since our meeting with school groups.

On the subject of the local group, I received another phone call from another owner who is interested in joining our local group.

BPR

p.s. I am normally not up his late, but I'm waiting for the effects of the caffeine to wear off from the free drinks at tonight's football game. Who would've guessed Diet Coke lasts this long?
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

The next meeting of the Tri-State Shopsmith User Group will be on 12-27 from 1-4 at the Woodcraft Store in Fort Wayne.

BPR
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

It's been awhile since I wrote on this topic. I am in the process of getting another local user group meeting set up. I did receive a notice from Nick letting me know that he has been extremely busy, but to go ahead and let the other members see what fits into their schedule and he will see if his schedule will permit him to come (he is a member). So here's the deal: I have PM'ed a couple of you who may be in proximity to me. While I realize you don't know me from Adam in person, I wanted to extend a personal invite to you in order to see if you would be interested in making a meeting or possibly joining. So far we have had two meetings. I am awaiting word from a couple of members who are returning from their winter homes in Florida. If you are interested in coming, please let me know what would work best for you so I can get something scheduled.

BPR
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Well, I'm teaching at a new school this year (over 2300 students), cider pressing is going to be finished this weekend, and canning season is about over. Time to start thinking about getting back into the shop.

After having a meeting late last April, I just want to let those of you know that there is another meeting of the Tri-State Shopsmith User Group at the Woodcraft store located in Fort Wayne on October 16th at 1 pm. I also have been in contact with Nick Engler on a school-related issue.. In his reply to me, he said that if the meeting would be after mid-September that he would be able to bring a Power-Pro with him. Just thought you might like to know.

BPR
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Is anyone interested?

BPR
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ryanbp01 wrote:Is anyone interested?

BPR

Interested? Of Course! Able to 'attend'? Too far away!

Do not think lack of response implies disinterest! I for one appreciated your previous 'meeting minutes'!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

BPR
Actually planning to be out-of-state on vacation that October weekend, but good luck!
Chris
Ron309753
Gold Member

Post by Ron309753 »

BPR
Well, I'm interested and would make the trip, but if I did I wouldn't be going back home since 10/16 is our wedding anniversary.

Sincerely,

Ron309753
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Ron309753 wrote:Well, I'm interested and would make the trip, but if I did I wouldn't be going back home since 10/16 is our wedding anniversary.

Sincerely,

Ron309753
So! Take her with you and out for dinner!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
MikeG
Gold Member

Post by MikeG »

I am planning on attending.