SS Back-orders?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

scooters
Gold Member

Post by scooters »

I talked to Shopsmith yesterday about my planer outfeed roller. It looks like they should get them next month. To get an idea of the magnitude of the problem, it looks like they have 30 or 40 backordered. I was also told that they have found someone to produce some of the other planer parts, but they haven't arrived yet.

Again, they seemed pleased that I didn't come unglued about the delay. There are some hard working folks there who have no control over the inventory problems. Yet, the get the daily tongue lashings from the customers.
Scooters

.. ..-. -.-- --- ..- .- .-. . .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ...
-.-- --- ..- .... .- ...- . - --- --- -- ..- -.-. .... - .. -- .
--- -. -.-- --- ..- .-. .... .- -. -.. ... :rolleyes:
dlbristol
Platinum Member

Post by dlbristol »

Well said! SS or RLF shop is a small company ( not to big to fail) that appears to be doing everything it can to survive and provide us with a reliable source of machines and parts. I think it wise to support the company, but as you say adding stress to the customer service staff does nothing positive. They are really good about helping and theyhave been up front with me about back orders. Even if they weren't, being civil is an art we might cultivate.
Saw dust heals many wounds. RLTW
Dave
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dlbristol wrote: . . . Even if they weren't, being civil is an art we might cultivate.
Translation, Do NOT act childish(temper tantrum) because of our disappointment at having to endure a delay toward someone who did NOT cause the delay, and has NO way to speed it up!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
scooters
Gold Member

Post by scooters »

My planer outfeed roller arrived today after a 2 month+ backorder. It looks like they are starting to get new partners to make parts. Hopin' that life will be good again soon!

Looks like a half day project to install it. Any pointers?
Scooters

mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

scooters wrote:My planer outfeed roller arrived today after a 2 month+ backorder. It looks like they are starting to get new partners to make parts. Hopin' that life will be good again soon!

Looks like a half day project to install it. Any pointers?
Hey scooters, tell us about your signature.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
scooters
Gold Member

Post by scooters »

If you have the time you can read the morse code!
Scooters

mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

scooters wrote:If you have the time you can read the morse code!
IFYOUAREREADINGTHISYOUHAVETOOMUCHTIMEONYOUR
HANDS.
http://morsecode.scphillips.com/jtranslator.html
Mike
Sunny San Diego
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

scooters wrote:If you have the time you can read the morse code!
Wow.
- .... .- -. -.- / --. --- --- -.. -. . ... ... / ..-. --- .-. / --- -. / .-.. .. -. . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - --- .-. ...
Mike
Sunny San Diego
scooters
Gold Member

Post by scooters »

.-. --- --. . .-. - .... .- -
Scooters

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

scooters wrote:.-. --- --. . .-. - .... .- -
Roger Who?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange