Creating Shopsmith Video/DVD Series

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Would you like to see Shopsmith How-to DVD's made avaiable?

Poll ended at Sat May 19, 2007 4:22 pm

No
97%
No
3%

Total votes: 29

charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

a1gutterman wrote:Why would anybody vote no?
Yes - - I would vote NO! Just don't need these dvds. and - Before buying any SS related item, I would want to see that it is endorsed by SS. - not just a shameless promotion. Yes, I'm frugal! Yes, I'm cautious! Yes, this is only one vote - and it is from an old grouch.

I don't have a problem with anyone trying to make a buck. Also, I understand the need for videos for some folks.

Here's the problem - -:

I think when we accepted the terms of what and how to post - we all accepted the statement that we would not use this forum for any commercial venture.

Shopsmith has reserved the right to remove this thread from the forum!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

paulmcohen wrote:I would like to see some information on aligning the end tables, I am able to align the main table to the blade but getting the 520 ends and floating tables aligned is always difficult. Also as others said home made accessories are always interesting. I like "Norms" videos where you see how it is done and get something built.

I agree with Paul I have never gotten my aux table and floating tables adjusted the way I think they should be.

What would really be neat is having a Shopsmith Demo'er build a new machine showing all the litle things they do so their machine works oh so smooth during the demo. I know some of their tricks and tips but I also know they have a lot more.

I also would love a full demo of the Overhead Pin Router. I think I want one but getting info on it's capabilities is hard. There is some good info now appearing on the forum. Keep it coming guys!!!

Also jigs and fixtures are always welcomed. I know many guys have built jigs and fixtures to overcome SS shortcomings and I would love to see them.
dusty
Platinum Member

Creating Shop[smith Video/DVD Series

Post by dusty »

I need to be reminded of something that charlese has just made comment about. If we (members of this forum) agreed to any terms and conditions, I need a reminder. I may be very guilty to NOT READING something that I agreed to.

If anyone can tell how to retrieve the referenced agreement so that I night read it now, I would appreciate it.
Nick
Platinum Member

Post by Nick »

Here you go, Dusty:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Shopsmith Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Shopsmith Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Shopsmith Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason. COMMERCIAL USE OF THIS FORUM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

With all good wishes,