The old OPR system

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

perryobear
Gold Member

Post by perryobear »

Hi Ed,

Thanks for sharing the photos of your OPR aux fences and jigs. Your efforts are much appreciated.

I should give you a second thanks for your info a few weeks ago on the P/N for the casters for the OPR stand, it proved to be very timely. The casters were available last week as the SS e-mail special sale, so I have a new caster set on the way from SS.:)

Thanks again,

Dennis
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

Hi Dennis,

Glad I was able to help out on the part number.

I really love this machine and wish we would see more information from other users.

These jigs of course were made per the manual but maybe it will inspire someone to post some home designed/made ones. One I would like to make is simply one that would span both of the fence pieces and make it into a one piece fence. I have a part I'm going to try this with that I made for my incra fence, if it works I'll post some pictures.

Ed
reible
Platinum Member

The old OPR system put to work

Post by reible »

Hi,

I mentioned before I had an up comming project and would share a bit of it with you.

I'm working on some parts for a model airplane, a Curtiss F Boat at 1/5 scale (wing span 9 feet). I am not a model builder and figure maybe I'm only 1/5 as good as Nick so maybe this would be a fun project as part of an upcoming event in northern WI.

I have posted most of the simple details at:
http://ssug.org/forums//viewtopic.php?t=1616

For pictures only:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/elv60504@sb ... 2403690005

Ed